Website Hosting, SEO, SEM Support Rules
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.
- While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
- Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts. 12 hours is a reasonable time to wait. Keep in mind that people are busy and may not be paying attention 24/7.
- We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual, racial, or religious in nature. The moderating team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- English is the preferred language here. If you must post in a different language, please post an English translation in that same posting.
- Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- Vendors: Blatant advertising is not allowed unless you’re a paying sponsor advertising your own product in your own forum (note: specific vendor forums may not be available at this time). We encourage vendors to announce new products for discussion by starting a thread about the new product. We do not want to ever see a vendor jump into another vendors’ thread in an attempt at solicitation. Discretion over what is an advertisement is left to the moderators, so ask one before you post. If you don’t ask, it will be deleted and your username will be flagged.
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right.
Advertising Services and Solicitation
We recognize the need for a vendor to offer a solution to any user who is struggling with something. There are tactful ways to do this so that you are not in violation of the forum rules. If you need help constructing a post or thread that does not violate the DealerRefresh rules, feel free to ask Jeff Kershner or Alex Snyder for assistance. Moderators have discretion in determining what is a helpful posting and what is purely a solicitation. Please respect their decisions.
However, we do encourage you to make your avatar your company logo. We encourage you to create a signature with links to your product. In time we will offer other venues for vendors to better make their messages available.
Here is a simple way to look at it: Before you post, ask yourself if your post is being made solely for SEO or Commercial Reasons. If so, don't post. Use your signature and avatar as your advertisement. If someone *genuinely* starts a thread about your product, feel free to embed links in that thread.
DealerRefresh Sponsors will receive more leeway.
Forum members are encouraged to use the reporting feature when they come across a posting or thread they feel is an outright solicitation. Members are also encouraged to forward solicitations that have come through PM (Personal Message) to Jeff Kershner or Alex Snyder.
DealerRefresh is not responsible for vendors emailing specific dealers based off of postings on DealerRefresh. If you do not want to receive those emails, go into your Control Panel (User CP under “My Refresh”) and set your profile to only receive emails from forum administration – this is the default setting when you sign up on the DealerRefresh Support Forums.
Originally Posted by Administration