Personal facebook usage

Member Login:

New to the forums?

What are you waiting for, register today!

View Poll Results: Are you using facebook as much as you used to?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than I used to

11 55.00%
  • About the same

3 15.00%
  • More than I used to

6 30.00%

Personal facebook usage
Off-Topic Discuss Personal facebook usage in the Industry News & Other Stuff forums; I realized that I'm logging into facebook every couple of days instead of a few times a day. In speaking with Jeff he said his facebook usage has also dwindled. ...

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    t: @axsnyder
    Company: DealerRefresh
    First Name
    Alex
    Twitter
    @
    Liked
    309 times

Default Personal facebook usage

I realized that I'm logging into facebook every couple of days instead of a few times a day. In speaking with Jeff he said his facebook usage has also dwindled. Are you still using facebook like you used to?

I'm not talking about business. I'm asking about YOUR personal usage.
    Pot-Stirrer & Writer at DealerRefresh
    Innovation & Design at Dealer.com

Getting Refreshed
    Company: Regal Car Sales and Credit
    First Name
    Chris
    Twitter
    @
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Personal facebook usage

I channel leads to my business page through my personal page. So, yes I use my personal page a lot.

Getting Refreshed
    Company: vtaig
    First Name
    Patrick
    Liked
    1 times

My usage has dropped down to weekly. I only have a couple friends that post updates on a daily basis as well. I'm wondering if it's headed down the same path as myspace?

Super Moderator
    Company: Dealer.com
    First Name
    Joe
    Twitter
    @
    Liked
    795 times

"...To shop at Ling's cars, you need a sense of humor and good credit. If you don't have either, you'll pay more"
    -Ling's Epic FAQ

#Work4Ling=PricelessEducation

LinkedIn: Joe Pistell

Twitter:Joe Pistell

Serious Refresher
    Company: DealerRater
    First Name
    Ryan
    Twitter
    @
    Liked
    267 times

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick80639 View Post
    My usage has dropped down to weekly. I only have a couple friends that post updates on a daily basis as well. I'm wondering if it's headed down the same path as myspace?
    I guess I always thought that myspace fizzled in large part due to FaceBook. Has twitter replaced FB for mindshare already or is this a drop without a successor? I would also expect to see it drop during the summer just like traditional media that competes with the golf course, but we aren't there yet.

Alright Alex, why has your personal usage dropped? Other activities, lack of interest, dislike of new layout...Curious to see if you have worked out the why's and if you think others will also change their usage habits.
    Ryan Leslie

http://twitter.com/jrleslie
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanleslie

“The way to a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear.”
    ― Socrates

Serious Refresher
    Company: Dan O inc.
    First Name
    Dan
    Liked
    25 times

My wife and teenage kids (17 & 19) are all over Facebook. I would say 2 to 3 hours (maybe more) a day. As a man's man, I'm on it maybe for 30 minutes each day. If I was a salesperson at my dealership, without question I would use FB all the time to promote what I sell and different used car deals.

My 19 yr old daughter is away at college. My wife and I are able to get many laughs from the updates they post.

Serious Refresher
    Company: Dan O inc.
    First Name
    Dan
    Liked
    25 times

My wife is not 17 or 19.

Serious Refresher
    Company: Kontaroo
    First Name
    David
    Liked
    19 times

I probably use it more now than I did 6 months ago. I recently got interested in genealogy on my father's side (which I knew very little about,) and tracked down a line of cousins on Facebook that I didn't know about.

Most of my usage is personal, but I do follow a lot of local business, and people I've know in through my career.

Serious Refresher
    Company: Kontaroo
    First Name
    David
    Liked
    19 times

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Leslie View Post
    I guess I always thought that myspace fizzled in large part due to FaceBook. Has twitter replaced FB for mindshare already or is this a drop without a successor? I would also expect to see it drop during the summer just like traditional media that competes with the golf course, but we aren't there yet.

Alright Alex, why has your personal usage dropped? Other activities, lack of interest, dislike of new layout...Curious to see if you have worked out the why's and if you think others will also change their usage habits.
    Twitter users just don't stick like with Facebook.

Administrator
    Company: DealerRefresh
    First Name
    Jeff
    Twitter
    @
    Liked
    443 times

Awards Showcase

Unless I have something truly compelling to say or post, I'm usually too busy to "facebook". I jump in there from time to time and I have a few friends that are so into it that it's the only way I know what's going on with them.

I get it, I know why people are on it but for me it's mostly a time suck. PLUS - most people post the dumbest shit over and over (i've done it!) . I think I have too many friends and need to go thru and start cutting back.

For me, Twitter has become my source of content - mostly industry content and connections but that's more important and engaging to me than someone having a peanut better and jelly sandwich for lunch and then thanked the good lord for the wonderful food they are about to eat.

OMG - stay home moms have to be the most facebook obsessed group of all. Great avenue for marketing tho!

Social as we know it today will be different in the years to come. Most people do NOT know how to be social, at least not in an engaging way. Yawwwnnn

I predicted and still predict that we eventually get tired of being so damn social - I could be wrong and most likely I am but once the cool factor wears off and people are tired of being "popular" - social will start to segment and move into a different direction. Say - 5 years from now...
    DealerRefresh / Founder
    VP of Strategy & Customer Experience / HookLogic
    Product Advocate / WalkAroundVideo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)