Silly Shit in the car business! Post your favorite!

Member Login:

New to the forums?

What are you waiting for, register today!

Like Tree9Likes
Silly Shit in the car business! Post your favorite!
Off-Topic Discuss Silly Shit in the car business! Post your favorite! in the Industry News & Other Stuff forums; Our industry is many times full of laughs, huge egos and sometimes straight up full of dumb shit. I thought I would start a light hearted thread where we can ...
      
Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
  1. #1
    Administrator
    Company: DealerRefresh
    First Name
    Jeff
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,264
    Twitter
    @
    Liked
    443 times

    Awards Showcase

    Exclamation Silly Shit in the car business! Post your favorite!

    Our industry is many times full of laughs, huge egos and sometimes straight up full of dumb shit.

    I thought I would start a light hearted thread where we can all showcase or vent about something that either pisses you off or makes you laugh about our industry.

    This is ALL in good fun. If you don't agree, have some thick skin and take it for what it is. Life it too short to allow your ego get the best of you...

    I'll start of with this....

    VIN_Google_baby.png


    This is too funny. Seriously...who was sitting there and decided to say this and then thought it would tweet worthy? HAHA! Those VIN guys kill me.

    I was 8 steps into the Dealer.com party at NADA before some VIN sales guy starts pitching me. I looked at him and said "are you serious?..I'm at a party and your going to approach me, not even know my name and hard pitch me? Get lost!" - gotta love the "passion" right!

    So yeah - I have little hostility cooped up. But I'm over it now.
    DealerRefresh / Founder
    VP of Strategy & Customer Experience / HookLogic
    Product Advocate / WalkAroundVideo

  2. #2
    t: @axsnyder
    Company: DealerRefresh
    First Name
    Alex
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,777
    Twitter
    @
    Liked
    309 times

    Default Re: Silly Shit in the car business! Post your favorite!

    That definitely goes down as the greatest tweet of all time....this week at least.

    When I showed it to someone this is what he had to say:

    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    I prefer to read this as...

    If two of the most evil companies on the planet who are totally in it for themselves and don't really care about their customers had a baby, it would be VinSolutions

    And Since Google and Apple hate each other and would tear each other apart if they could, Vin would be the product of that broken abusive home, and would therefore most likely have grown up in less then positive circumstances and would probably be in Juvi by now.

    I'm just sayin.
    Pot-Stirrer & Writer at DealerRefresh
    Innovation & Design at Dealer.com

  3. #3
    Getting Refreshed
    Company: Don Ayres Honda
    First Name
    Jim
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    46
    Liked
    7 times

    Default Re: Silly Shit in the car business! Post your favorite!

    This one tops everyhthing....A salesman that I worked with "up'd" this pretty good looking lady. They went through the process in picking out a car and went on a test drive. They were gone for a good 2 hours. They came back and then she left in her car. The next day, she came in with her husband and went to the salesman and said, "I know what you did with my wife, so I want a great deal on this car." Well, he sold the car and made a $3500 payable and a good time.

  4. #4
    Serious Refresher
    Company: vAuto - 402.427.0157
    First Name
    Ed
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    611
    Twitter
    @
    Liked
    247 times

    Default Re: Silly Shit in the car business! Post your favorite!

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbell View Post
    This one tops everyhthing....A salesman that I worked with "up'd" this pretty good looking lady. They went through the process in picking out a car and went on a test drive. They were gone for a good 2 hours. They came back and then she left in her car. The next day, she came in with her husband and went to the salesman and said, "I know what you did with my wife, so I want a great deal on this car." Well, he sold the car and made a $3500 payable and a good time.
    So no break on the car, huh? NICE!

  5. #5
    Getting Refreshed
    Company: Stackify
    First Name
    Matt
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    334
    Liked
    7 times

    Default Re: Silly Shit in the car business! Post your favorite!

    Now this is silly:


  6. #6
    Serious Refresher
    Company: DealerRater
    First Name
    Ryan
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    416
    Twitter
    @
    Liked
    267 times

    Default Re: Silly Shit in the car business! Post your favorite!

    Lighthearted, right? Here is a classic.

    http://budlight.whipnet.com/mp3/used_car.mp3


    Matt's post made me think of this too

    http://budlight.whipnet.com/mp3/Bud_...illa_Maker.mp3
    Ryan Leslie

    678.701.7791

    http://twitter.com/jrleslie
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanleslie


    “The way to a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear.”
    ― Socrates

  7. #7
    Refreshed
    Company: BMW of Ridgefield
    First Name
    Bruce
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    108
    Liked
    6 times

    Default Re: Silly Shit in the car business! Post your favorite!

    This is strangely passive aggressive for DR...

    Why didn't you just start an "I hate VinSolutions" thread... lol

  8. #8
    Refreshing
    Company: Precision Acura of Princeton
    First Name
    Mitchell
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    109
    Liked
    2 times

    Default Re: Silly Shit in the car business! Post your favorite!

    Exactly what this thread is! As I said we're not idiots! Agendas always show through. Now I can say that this "hate" probably comes from their being a great company with great ideas which other companies envy! (Although why Dealer.Com would be involved I don't know since they have their own strengths)

    Quote Originally Posted by ECURB View Post
    This is strangely passive aggressive for DR...

    Why didn't you just start an "I hate VinSolutions" thread... lol
    Thank You,

    Mitchell Brenner
    e-Commerce Manager
    Precision Acura of Princeton
    609 895 0600 ext 320

    mbrenner@precisionacura.com

    www.precisionacura.com

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Company: DealerRefresh
    First Name
    Jeff
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,264
    Twitter
    @
    Liked
    443 times

    Awards Showcase

    Default Re: Silly Shit in the car business! Post your favorite!

    Bruce, you're probably right. Though it was not intended to come across that way - at least I don't think so. We sometimes maybe do things and not even realize what we're doing or how it will be viewed by others.

    Heck - I've been personally slammed many times across other forums, including my own. I've received my fair share of emails when someone didn't agree with my views or opinions. I take it and move on.

    I don't hate VIN. No reason to, though they do like to push the boundaries on sales pitches here in the forums. And I will admit that has a way of twisting me at times.

    I'd believe if it were a huge slam on VIN, Matt would have spoken up. I'll apologize here if it was taken that way - it wasn't my intention. Funny thing..while typing this - 3 VIN staff members have quickly signed up on the forums.
    DealerRefresh / Founder
    VP of Strategy & Customer Experience / HookLogic
    Product Advocate / WalkAroundVideo

  10. #10
    Refreshing
    Company: Precision Acura of Princeton
    First Name
    Mitchell
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    109
    Liked
    2 times

    Default Re: Silly Shit in the car business! Post your favorite!

    At least you see how this could have been taken! That shows the quality of the person you are. It certainly came off wrong if your intent was humor!

    Now back to silly things in the car business my favorite was when one of my fellow salespeople 20 years ago had his father come in to buy a car and he greeted his father by saying "Hi Dad My name is ... Nice to meet you. How can I help you today!"


    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kershner View Post
    Bruce, you're probably right. Though it was not intended to come across that way - at least I don't think so. We sometimes maybe do things and not even realize what we're doing or how it will be viewed by others.

    Heck - I've been personally slammed many times across other forums, including my own. I've received my fair share of emails when someone didn't agree with my views or opinions. I take it and move on.

    I don't hate VIN. No reason to, though they do like to push the boundaries on sales pitches here in the forums. And I will admit that has a way of twisting me at times.

    I'd believe if it were a huge slam on VIN, Matt would have spoken up. I'll apologize here if it was taken that way - it wasn't my intention. Funny thing..while typing this - 3 VIN staff members have quickly signed up on the forums.
    Thank You,

    Mitchell Brenner
    e-Commerce Manager
    Precision Acura of Princeton
    609 895 0600 ext 320

    mbrenner@precisionacura.com

    www.precisionacura.com


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What's your favorite comic on the internet?
    By ghen in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 03:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Home | About | Archives | Job Board | Advertise | Contact | Newsletter | RSS

Copyright © 2011 DealerRefresh.com. vBulletin Forum development by Karigar Co.

Livefyre Not Displaying on this post


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27