• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Craigslist change... Have you been affected

If your Ip is fine, you will be ok with 1 PVA and 250 cars....If you get stuck PM or call me anytime

So you are posting on one account 250 per day or that's how much you are putting on 1 pva period? I have been able to put up to 500 per day with no issues but still using the 1 ip. I think keeping the PVA on the same IP is key to keeping the PVA Strong. My 2 cents.

Change it up every week you guys

That means, for every posting blast you guys do, make it COMPLETELY different from the last. Seller's Comments in text? MAKE AN IMAGE AD. Link back to your site to lock in that first party traffic. Change the titles, use arrows and other symbols. Some blasts, just have the Year Make Model as the title. Reduce the price down a dollar.

For two years we've been posting 150+ ads every week with our ~100 cars we only have, on one PVA and one email address. We've been ghosted, similar posting, etc, but have never been blacklisted. We're on a static IP. We do not, however, post in multiple cities, only the one we're in.

How often do you get the PVA screen on the same account? I notice we do ONLY when there's word-for-word text in other ads we've posted. ERASE THAT TEXT.

Use a different 800 number.
Use a different outbound link to a different page or domain of your site.
Upload images manually to the system OR change the imgsrc of where youre getting your photos from.

So many ideas to use, we post ads via Homenet one week, CarsForSale.com the next, DealerSyndicator the next, and manually the last week.

<strong>Change it up every week you guys</strong><br>
<br>
That means, for every posting blast you guys do, make it COMPLETELY different from the last. Seller's Comments in text? MAKE AN IMAGE AD. Link back to your site to lock in that first party traffic. Change the titles, use arrows and other symbols. Some blasts, <strong>just have the Year Make Model </strong>as the title. Reduce the price down a dollar.<br>
<br>
For two years we've been posting 150+ ads every week with our ~100 cars we only have, on one PVA and one email address. We've been ghosted, similar posting, etc, but have never been blacklisted. We're on a static IP. We do not, however, post in multiple cities, only the one we're in.<br>
<br>
How often do you get the PVA screen on the same account? I notice we do ONLY when there's word-for-word text in other ads we've posted. ERASE THAT TEXT.<br>
<br>
Use a different 800 number.<br>
Use a different outbound link to a different page or domain of your site.<br>
Upload images manually to the system <strong>OR </strong>change the imgsrc of where youre getting your photos from. <br>
<br>
So many ideas to use, we post ads via Homenet one week, CarsForSale.com the next, DealerSyndicator the next, and manually the last week.
<br><br>That seems like a lot of work to post 150+ cars a week. The cost of using 3 companies, and the process you're putting yourself through to post such a small number of ads per week doesn't seem worth it. Especially if you're paying to use 3 tools but only use them about once week a month. Granted yes, this strategy works, but you must spend a lot of time and money doing it this way.<br><br>Would you be willing to learn more about a tool that's much easier to use, is affordable, can get you exposure in other areas, and can offer you the same options without putting you through all the trouble?<br><br>

Very happy with the new changes makes manual posting easier for those who take pride in doing it the right way. I'll be happier once the automatic software fade dies out and gets blocked all together. So annoyed seeing dealerships post 200+ ads for their cars with a horrible template, no photos, spam-like headlines with all caps and !*, etc. But in reality Craiglist, isn't not very effective in making sales. I've posted over 1200+ inventory car ads for a week on Craigslist and the results aren't very impressive. Also to those who do use Craiglist, and are tracking it, tell me how many cars you're selling off it, because I'm willing to bet they are not moving much off it. When done right I can move a small amount but it's nothing impressive or worthwhile.

Very happy with the new changes makes manual posting easier for those who take pride in doing it the right way. I'll be happier once the automatic software fade dies out and gets blocked all together. So annoyed seeing dealerships post 200+ ads for their cars with a horrible template, no photos, spam-like headlines with all caps and !*, etc.

CL will never block the automated postings, those people have already chosen to break the rules and they will find ways to do it. That being said, I dont condone it. The problem is that the people affected are the regular guys trying to post a few untis that now require a huge set up to acomplish. I feel bad for some of my older (in age) clients and how the struggle to get ti done since it is now very complicated.

Also, Craigslist is not about your pride nor about how you think things should be posted (that is the point of CL). everyone should post however they want to post and let customers decide which ones they like and which ones they want to call. You can keep your pride up in the meantime...

But in reality Craiglist, isn't not very effective in making sales. I've posted over 1200+ inventory car ads for a week on Craigslist and the results aren't very impressive. Also to those who do use Craiglist, and are tracking it, tell me how many cars you're selling off it, because I'm willing to bet they are not moving much off it. When done right I can move a small amount but it's nothing impressive or worthwhile.

OK... right... I will say that CL effectiveness totally depends on where you are located BUT in WA selles as many or more as Autotrader.com, cars.com, or any other digital program. All top 20 dealers in used car sales in WA are on CL, with some of them claiming that 50% of their sales come from it.

Reactions: 1 person