• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Digital Dealer 11, Are You Going?

I will be at DD11 and would welcome the chance to have a Dealer Refresh meetup.

This will be my first Digital Dealer Conference, so would like to ask for a few tips:

1 - Should I lug my laptop around all day or are the sessions more about taking notes on an ipad or legal pad?

2 - There are several sessions that I would like to see that are happening at the same time. Obviously cannot be at both. For the sessions that I cannot attend, do the speakers or presenters make their presentations available on slideshare or other places for later viewing?

Thanks and any other advice that you can share would be appreciated!

Bill

Hi Bill,
I thought I'd chime in and help with my opinions.
1. You can certainly "lug your laptop" if you want but there won't be any wi-fi available so you might want to stick with the legal pad or ipad to take notes.
2. We (as in Digital Dealer) don't make the presentations available but you are free to ask the speakers for copies and most of the time theyll share it with you.
Hope that helped and I look forward to meeting you at Digital Dealer.

Reactions: 1 person
I carry a wi-fi card with me... 4G/5 GB card at Verizon is $50 per month. Several for less $$$...

This will be my first Digital Dealer Conference, so would like to ask for a few tips:

1 - Should I lug my laptop around all day or are the sessions more about taking notes on an ipad or legal pad?

2 - There are several sessions that I would like to see that are happening at the same time. Obviously cannot be at both. For the sessions that I cannot attend, do the speakers or presenters make their presentations available on slideshare or other places for later viewing?

Bill

Bill

Hey Bill, I ditched my laptop after the first morning session and went right to good old pen and a legal pad! A lot of the sessions are cram packed with info and you miss out typing to much (they can do 3 LOF's in service by the time I type this to you) and there are no tables, just chairs.

Also, grab a good size jump drive, most everyone will share their presentation with you if you hand them one to down load it, most will get your biz card and send it to you, and some even had jump drives with their presentation on it to give to you.

Also, I found a good time to visit the vendor area is in the morning, thats if you haven't stayed out late with Jerry, Alex, and Jeff!

Reactions: 1 person