• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ADP & ReyRey - is it just about Paper and Chaos?

Its funny when you here dealers ask why they need to purchase the paper from the company that supplies a product. Why do i need to get my car serviced at a dealership? Because of the support! Does the kid at Mr. Lube know how my 2011 works? If i install aftermarket parts on my car does a manufacturer warranty it? Does the dealership fix it for free when my after market products no longer works or caused subsequent damage? I've heard ADP has a pay per click which i don't understand. Reynolds sells paper, but they are a software company, nobody says you need to purchase maintenance on the printers or the paper in your dealership. Buy your paper & printers from Staples or Best Buy and save yourself some money. The smaller DMS companies don't offer hardware or hardware support. The larger ones do only for the convenience of their customers.

The "paper business" makes total sense. How many of those forms get messed up when the prints f up and nothing aligns and you go through a half box of forms to get the print to line back up.

Gotta love it when a "monopoly" prevents your industry from progressing.

It is a monopoly because it is actually cheaper and easier to do biz with ADP/Rey. I've seen lots of dealers try other CRM tools, and they all have their share of good things and bad things. The car biz is so different from dealer to dealer that finding one solution fits all is hard. Therefore we have solutions that adjust to their best ability to each dealer's needs.

It is a monopoly because it is actually cheaper and easier to do biz with ADP/Rey. I've seen lots of dealers try other CRM tools, and they all have their share of good things and bad things. The car biz is so different from dealer to dealer that finding one solution fits all is hard. Therefore we have solutions that adjust to their best ability to each dealer's needs.

Yago, Cheaper and easier? Ask a dealer what they spend on data processing. Just give me what one of the large automotive groups spends in a month. It doesn't have to be AutoNation, I'll take any of the top five.

Last edited: