• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

3rd Party Lead Provider vs. Hook Logic (Auto Logic)

Agrrip

Desk Monkey
Mar 8, 2012
First Name
Joseph
I'm in a unique position...I have advertising/lead generating dollars to spend; but, no quality options to spend the money on.

I am tired of dealing with under performing 3rd party vendors (such as AutoByTel & AutoUSA). I feel that at least half of my leads are duplicated between the two and our closing ratio is dropping each month.

I've been researching other 3rd party vendors and I can't seem to find one that is worth investing in (I already spend a fortune with Auto Trader and Cars.com). I have decided to give EveryCarListed.com a 90 day trial...but, that still leaves me with money to invest.

I've been looking at Hook Logic's Auto Hook Program and possibly KBB Direct. Do any of you use either product and have any feedback? Or can you recommend a decent 3rd party vendor?

I appreciate your help in advance!!

Drive them to your site with a Pay Per Click tool. M&S HayStack or Dealer.com's Total Control Dominator

Then wack them with Hooklogic's appt tool.

Also, work on getting that chat more inviting to use. Many People with cash work hard and long. They'll like the idea of the Chat Agent becoming the concierge & do the shopping for them.

I use Hook Logic at 4 locations and have seen a great ROI on it...I would highly suggest adding it before any more 3rd party leads. I agree with Joe, add PPC then use Hook. We also use Moore and Scarry and it has greatly increased our web traffic.

Drive them to your site with a Pay Per Click tool. M&S HayStack or Dealer.com's Total Control Dominator

Then wack them with Hooklogic's appt tool.

Also, work on getting that chat more inviting to use. Many People with cash work hard and long. They'll like the idea of the Chat Agent becoming the concierge & do the shopping for them.

We already invest heavily in PPC with pretty good results. I pay just as much in PPC as I do with Auto Trader.

We use Contact at once for our Chat feature...At one point we had our chat more "inviting"...It was actually in your face all the time and we got a few complaints on it, so we dialed it down to a clickable link.

I like the idea of using Hook Logic...but, have been cautioned that it may seem cheesy for a highline dealer. I'm of the mindset that it doesn't hurt to try it.

I use Hook Logic at 4 locations and have seen a great ROI on it...I would highly suggest adding it before any more 3rd party leads. I agree with Joe, add PPC then use Hook. We also use Moore and Scarry and it has greatly increased our web traffic.

I just looked at your Nissan Dealership and I like that it only pulled up I looked at your inventory. Can you set it up so that it only pulls up when a potential customer clicks on the details page?

Have you tracked your conversions since installing this tool?

I like the idea of using Hook Logic...but, have been cautioned that it may seem cheesy for a highline dealer. I'm of the mindset that it doesn't hurt to try it.

There is a GREAT thread here the last couple of days talking about high-line marketing.

One of the best experiences I had with the lads at Hook Logic was figuring-out the messaging that worked best for our store(s), and I can tell you that there is no "One Size Fits All."

So be creative in your messaging, and thoroughly discuss and concentrate on what it really is that will motivate your clients: this person is seriously considering an E-Class and is on my site tonight; what can I offer him that will peak his interest enough to visit tomorrow?

Maybe it's $75. Maybe it's a Gift Card for Coach. Maybe it's Pick-Up Service while they are at work. Maybe it's a Choice: Choose Your Perk. Be creative, and challenge Hook Logic to be creative.

Honestly, it really can't "fail" if you work it.

Good luck!

You can set it up either way, I left it so it would pull on the SRP and details page. From our SRP you can look at photos. submit a lead, etc...so we may have missed potential opportunities leaving it just on VDP. We track the conversion and sell around 30-35% of the people who actually show up. For the investment, it's hard to beat.

I just looked at your Nissan Dealership and I like that it only pulled up I looked at your inventory. Can you set it up so that it only pulls up when a potential customer clicks on the details page?

Have you tracked your conversions since installing this tool?