• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Not a rumour: Query Builder being removed from Reynolds

Viracocha

Boss
Jan 6, 2010
Awards
First Name
Cooper
Just had an interesting call, we have been informed that there are two more security enhancements being offered to all Reynolds dealers free of charge.
#1 They are removing Query Builder entirely from the system. This should address all potential security issues arising from data being accessible.
#2 RCI monthlies are being raised considerably. This should keep any small nimble software solution providers away from providing cheap and effective solutions for Dealerships.

Remember: Reynolds and Reynolds are here for you, constantly striving to protect you from the 21st century.

Are we looking for a new DMS? Hell ya.

I can't wait to hear the spin, I am sure there will be a replacement product that offers much better "security" ((For their recurring revenues))

Reactions: 2 people
I have just been informed by the support center that Query builder will be going away...they did not give me a date but for a support center staff member to tell me that "they have been instructed to let customers know that Query Builder will be removed" means that it will happen. We run numerous reports through Q.B. and this will have a huge impact on our daily operations. But so will changing system providers which will be be starting to investigate.

Maybe there is a food or drug that inhibits common sense or that blocks basic business practices (like take care of your customers). Perhaps there is a fish that alters your ego so much that you think you can rule your customers like a tyrant.

Maybe I'm wrong and the new way of doing business is to pay, be quiet, and take whatever those that we give jobs (as a vendor I see myself as your employee).

Dave Bates, the head of Reynolds support, reads and posts on this forum. He tells people to call Reynolds support when they have an issue. Since he not responding to this thread, it tells me that they are eliminating it. If it were a false rumor he would weigh in and say it is not true.

Dave Bates, the head of Reynolds support, reads and posts on this forum. He tells people to call Reynolds support when they have an issue. Since he not responding to this thread, it tells me that they are eliminating it. If it were a false rumor he would weigh in and say it is not true.

The big issue I have is Reynolds is not telling us, they are just doing it. We have had all our files that have not been used in 90 days removed from Query Builder. We can ask for them back but they may not give them back. They will decide. So if a dealer uses QB for annual reports they have to call the TAC. What a waste of time for both of us! This is 3 steps backwards. This is not a progessive company, they are regressive! Time to move on. We are a long time Reynolds dealer in Canada. Are US dealers not using QB so they don't notice the change? Or are they just leaving Reynolds?

I got a kick out of arguing with the tech support guy. I had him running around in circles. I am still trying to figure out if they believe their story or not about it being a security breach. IF so, better watch out or you wont be able to use report generator either. In fact the monitor may be dangerous as the dealer cannot control who is looking at the data, maybe they should institute retinal scanning on all of their terminals, think of what they could charge for that! I bet you're glad you got out Rick. And Dave knows better than to come into these threads, he cant win this battle.