• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How are your phone skills?

Apr 28, 2009
First Name
Jerry
Having formerly spent almost two years working for iMagicLab as a CRM trainer, I’ve seen my fair share of missed opportunities. One of the biggest is with the phone skills of salespeople and managers. This has led me to start Phone-up Ninjas. It would have been Phone Ninjas, but somebody is already camped out on that domain name. My new company is going to focus on helping dealers improve the phone skills of salespeople and managers.

So to show you all how easy it is to improve, I am going to use my personal coaching skills to take two green peas or regulars, and turn them into Phone Ninjas at no charge. The progress will be tracked right here in this thread and you will get to hear them improve on a daily basis. Here’s what I am looking for:

- Two sales people from any two dealership to volunteer; must be two different dealerships
- Don’t give me your pro, I want somebody who is not very good on the phone
- These sales people need to be given first rights to dealership sales calls
- Must be an individual who is willing to commit the time and effort to learn how it’s done
- Either be willing to give me access to your call tracking service, or send me recorded calls on a daily basis.

Please note that all personal information will be stripped from the call before sharing

So who would like to step up to the plate? I’ll work with the first two dealers that volunteer and meet the above criteria.

Send me an e-mail, or post a reply here.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

I would be happy to receive free training, but I'm in the service department so I most likely don't fit your criteria.

I think my phone skills are pretty good, or so Ive been told, but I know that nobody is perfect, and there are always things one can improve on.

Do you deal with the service side?

It's time to meet our two future Phone Ninjas.

Carl from Sun Auto Wharehouse is a 25 year veteran in the business. Carl sells on average about 10-12 cars per month, but his manager Frank thinks he has the talent to do 15-16 per month. Carl takes the bulk of the sales calls at his dealership and often struggles with setting the appointment. Well, we're going to change that!

Chad Whitmore from Checkered flag has been in the business for about 5 years. Chad works in the Internet department and is responsible for setting appointments with Internet and phone prospects. He's currently making the appointments for the manager who then turns the customer to a floor sales representative. The last few months Chad has averaged about 27-24 sales off the set appointments. When times were better he was helping sell between 30-40 units per month. With the help of his sales manager Steven Finell, we're going to try and help Chad get to 40-50 units per month.

Let the training begin!
Sit back and enjoy the show. :popcorn:

Reactions: 2 people