• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Responselogix

I've considered looking at them before. I used their "contact us" form and no one ever got back to me. I guess they don't have the "Responselogix" system and process plugged into their own setup. :rofl:

Then when I was at a Dealer Advisory Board for AutoTrader I ran into one of the co-owners; Adam Simms. From the conversation, I gathered they were really only currently targeting and working with Toyota and/or Honda dealers. Which would make sense, I believe Adam is also the President and General Manager, Sunnyvale Toyota.

Sooo..one would assume that Sunnyvale Toyota would be on Responselogix.

No doubt you would have to build your process around the Responselogix process (sending a price quote to each lead as your first response). Their product seemed to be built for scalability and not customization because as soon as I asked him about the flexibility of tweaking the process a little, he quickly told me that it's possible Responselogix would not be a good fit for my dealers and he had nothing more to say to me. :dunno: But hey..relationships never sell anyways.

Company Overview

ResponseLogix, Inc. provides software and Internet services to automotive dealers. It specializes in the development of Internet lead management, relationship development, and marketing software solutions. The company offers SmartQuote that provides buyers information on various vehicles in the inventory; SmartFollow, which follows up e-mails from salespeople to find out where the customer is in the buying cycle; and SmartFacts that delivers analytics to help optimize the performance of the sales force. ResponseLogix, Inc. was founded in 2007 and is based in Sunnyvale, California.

Anyone using this tool?

ResponseLogix Home

All of our dealerships uses this product- I'm currently not a fan nor am I sold on it. Especially when you can set up certain ILM/CRM's to provide the same email to the customer, yet the quotes be on the actual inventory at the dealership that got the lead.

They have just "released" the VIN specific quoting on used inventory, however they do not have VIN specific on new vehicles.

My major pet peeve right now is that when a customer is on a new vehicle- and let's say they have submitted a form off your dealership website on a specific new vehicle- the quote that they receive is not necessarily on that vehicle.

Also, they may be inquiring on a blue vehicle- the quote could be on a black vehicle....not in your inventory currently.
Here's a real life dealership example:

We had a new 2010 Shelby GT on our lot, our GM tested the product- and got three quotes on three new 2009 Mustangs- one as far away as 300 miles. He was very irate, and has gotten the "we are in the process of fixing that".

Now, dealer trading in the Ford arena can be quite costly to a dealership, and is not a daily or preferred practice. So, I believe that yes, Responselogix may be a great tool for the import dealers, however the domestic dealers are given the short end of the stick due to the way their program is written.

Hopefully they do as well other vendors and pay attention to what their customers are saying and expedite a product that matches what their customers' needs are.

All of our dealerships uses this product- I'm currently not a fan nor am I sold on it. Especially when you can set up certain ILM/CRM's to provide the same email to the customer, yet the quotes be on the actual inventory at the dealership that got the lead.
They have just "released" the VIN specific quoting on used inventory, however they do not have VIN specific on new vehicles.

My major pet peeve right now is that when a customer is on a new vehicle- and let's say they have submitted a form off your dealership website on a specific new vehicle- the quote that they receive is not necessarily on that vehicle.
Also, they may be inquiring on a blue vehicle- the quote could be on a black vehicle....not in your inventory currently.
Here's a real life dealership example:
We had a new 2010 Shelby GT on our lot, our GM tested the product- and got three quotes on three new 2009 Mustangs- one as far away as 300 miles. He was very irate, and has gotten the "we are in the process of fixing that".
Now, dealer trading in the Ford arena can be quite costly to a dealership, and is not a daily or preferred practice. So, I believe that yes, Responselogix may be a great tool for the import dealers, however the domestic dealers are given the short end of the stick due to the way their program is written.

Hopefully they do as well other vendors and pay attention to what their customers are saying and expedite a product that matches what their customers' needs are.

Similar vehicles is a great long term follow up tool as well. Someone inquires on a used vehicle and of course a couple weeks go by and that vehicle is gone. So the system can keep sending similar vehicles to the one they originally inquired upon and then mix of those vehicles keeps changing as your inventory changes. I would highly recommend using similar vehicles in your internet lead follow up process. It is great for giving the customer more reasons to contact you and visit the dealership.

Last edited:
VIN specific quoting can be limiting. Remember, this is the very beginning of the conversation with the customer. At this stage, what's most important is to show alternatives that open the customer's mind to the diversity of choices you can present them. The next step is the phone call, where you have the opportunity to channel the customer's preferences further.

Under certain circumstances it can make sense to present a VIN specific response. ResponseLogix will release VIN specific quoting on new vehicles next year.

Tim Weaver, ResponseLogix VP of Product & Business Development

I didn't mention the auto manufacturers that we support in my last post. ResponseLogix not only supports Toyota and Honda, we also serve Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge, Hyundai, Lexus, Audi and Acura dealers.

Tim Weaver, ResponseLogix VP Product & Business Development

It seems like Response Logic attempts to do what we should be training our internet sales staff to do. If we want our sales staff to send out prices on the first email, shouldn’t we train them to do so? If we want our sales staff to send out alternative options, shouldn’t we train them to do so? If we want our sales staff to follow up, shouldn’t we setup our CRM properly and train them to do so?
I may be mis-educated on what the product can do because I have not taken a close look at it but from afar it looks like it is setup for a dealer trying to get their processes together. I could possibly see benefit for dealers that are just getting started in the internet arena.

We have been using it for almost 9 months now and I have been very satisfied with the product. It is a big time saver for the sales associates and allows them to get on the phone to the customer quicker. Like Tim stated in the email above, the first quote is the start of the conversation, and the Responselogix quote is a great way to start that conversation.

We just starting using them for our Toyota and Hyundai leads. I am torn on the product. I like the fact it will get a customer a quote within 10-15 minutes from the dealership even if all my salepeople are all tied up.

I like the fact that Hyundai see's how fast I am getting to my leads and is giving me more priority leads.

The jury is still out - but there are more pro's than con's for me at the moment.