• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Tracking the Used Car Reconditioning Process

Something like this?

Used-Car-Tracker.jpg

I keep thinking about this inventory management SS. Any body got an automated system yet? It would make a great ReyRey add on.

Joe,
vAuto is in the process of releasing the "lifecycle tab" within vAuto that tracks descriptions, photos, window stickers, pricing and can be set up to track recon with all but recon being monitored by when something happens digitally. The only issue with tracking reconditioning is someone needs to update it. Very cool and very close to live.

Hey Guys

The vAuto Lifecycle Management tool is a great start. It's gonna be officially launched at NADA so be sure and check it out if you are down there. I think they are still tweaking some bugs but its a really advanced starting point for this type of process/results driven software. No one else is doing this right now. Other vendors including some DNS companies are looking at this so don't be surprised if you see more entrants in this arena in the not too distant future.

Andy

Joe,
vAuto is in the process of releasing the "lifecycle tab" within vAuto that tracks descriptions, photos, window stickers, pricing and can be set up to track recon with all but recon being monitored by when something happens digitally. The only issue with tracking reconditioning is someone needs to update it. Very cool and very close to live.

but what happens when the Vauto report is wrong? I am surprised by the number of times Vauto will say a car is not on Auto Trader or Cars.com but when you go to the website the car is there...

What happens when Vauto says the car does not have stickers and it actually does? I would think it makes more sense to look at the car and see where it is inthe process instead of looking at a program.

ReconPro is a revolutionary computer system developed specifically for recon companies. It uses cell phones or handheld computers to identify, estimate, book, and bill reconditioning work, including integration with QuickBooks and other accounting software. The system tracks every vehicle serviced by its Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), creating customized reports that allow the recon company owner to quickly see revenue and profit, and track sales and service by each individual.window tint los angeles

Does anyone have any other good solutions to this yet?

Welcome to the club, Stever.

vauto does all of this and you can even build custom "Milestones" for each stage of the vehicle life cycle that you want to be tracked.

vAuto - Live Market View

their reps are by region, so I don't know who yours would be. Ed Brooks represents them on this forum and Steve Willis is my rep, I have no problem recommending either of them. I'm sure Ed would be happy to answer any question you have. So feel free to as for follow up information to help you decide if it’s right for your situation.

*If this sounds like I'm promoting vAuto, it's because I am. Dealers have to weed through way too much BS to find quality products/vendors. I don't mind passing out the koolaid for the good ones. I do not represent them and I do not get compensated from them.

Reactions: 1 person