• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook Advertising Questions for Dealers

Shelby Tatomir

Green Pea
Jul 7, 2017
First Name
Shelby
How much do you spend on boosting organic content (page posts) each month on Facebook?

If you're utilizing lead ads on Facebook, what content are you putting into those lead ads and how are you targeting the audience? (custom audiences, lookalikes, saved audiences)

Any advice is appreciated!

In my opinion I have always looked at boosting as more of a branding and engagement tool.

I think that running ads on Facebook is better ROI. You can target more users that don't necessarily "like" your page or posts. You can set ads up for customers based on life events they've added to their profiles, do dark posts, target by income and much more. I think when you do these things you can spend your money more efficiently vs with a boost it's just a casting net.

Those again, are just my thoughts and opinions. I would love to see what others thoughts are as well.

How much do you spend on boosting organic content (page posts) each month on Facebook?

If you're utilizing lead ads on Facebook, what content are you putting into those lead ads and how are you targeting the audience? (custom audiences, lookalikes, saved audiences)

Any advice is appreciated!

@Shelby Tatomir We usally spend approx 10% of the Facebook budget on Post Boosts and will normally run them during the weekend starting Friday late afternoon until Sunday mid-day (seems to work the best).

We have also been utilizing Facebook Lead Ads displaying specific lease specials and either utilizing the audience segments for conquest or specific make in market customers as well as remarketing to our website audience for that specific vehicle model. We notice cost per lead is somewhere around $12-$25, however, we have not seen a lot of good engagement from these leads so you need to keep track of how these leads are coming into your CRM and how they are performing. We turned this feature off for some of our dealers because of the poor engagement and comparing it to sending the traffic back to the site (or specific landing page) seemed to be a better way to track the conversion and provided more insight on engagement.

Facebook as a whole has been a great ad medium.

We have a segmentation platform that works with any website and funnels your data into Google Adwords and Facebook giving you the ability to be more targeted in your ad placement with specific audience types (i.e. location, did not submit a lead, looked a SRP or VDP for a specific model/trim).

Reach out if you want any additional info.

• Useful
Reactions: John W.
Hey Shelby my apologies we were supposed to bring up this question on last week's Refresh Friday and we didn't. I'm going to slate this thread you initiated as a talking point in out forthcoming broadcast on August 11 so be sure to tune in and of course until then let's see what sort of additional response we can garner from community members. Thanks for being patient as we work to dial in the forums with the Refresh Friday broadcast.

Thanks, Nickole! So you don't dedicate any of your budgets to organic boostings? I'm trying to get a feel for what kind of Facebook ads spend advertisers in this industry see as the most lucrative.
All of our true marketing dollars go towards dark posts and ads but our dealer rep contract gives me 1500 in ad spend every month so I utilize that to boost.

Before doing any targeting, I always check out the Demographics of Converted Users in Google Analytics. It gives you an idea who are more likely to convert. The same applies for content: look at what content has driven the highest quality traffic via Facebook and give them a small boost.

If you already have some historic data on Facebook performance then that’s clearly the ideal place to start. But if no, reviewing other channels and general conversion data should help as well.

@Shelby Tatomir

Unless you have some 'mojo combination' that is killing it and I don't know about it STOP boosting your posts.

Facebook is growing their ad offering by the week with different ways to advertise. we just built this ad las week which is brand new in their system offering:

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6304063997289254913

I encourage you to explore their ad choices as they are very targeted and measurable.

Last edited: