• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Sean Wolfington (BZ) resurfaces - Now with VINSolutions??

I am on the advisory board for Mollydooker and I'm heading to Australia at the end of March to plan their new release launch. This will be the first time I will be in AU so it should be fun! Does anyone need a good allocation? I can make that happen...

Jerry,

Great design must produce ROI and that's not seen by the naked eye. How can you form an opinion without knowing the score???

We've had this talk before, You're a well ranked golfer, should I be giving YOU golf swing and game management opinions? ... NOT! You were a master chess player! Does my opinions on how to win at chess important to you? NOT!! You were a highly accomplished and competitive water skier, can my arm chair QB opinions help you, a champion water skier, win more events? NOT.

Opinions are like a**hol*s, everyone has one. Just because you have one does not mean yours has value. Opinions matter when you have a few thousand hours in effort to back them up.

The REAL game in design is all about producing conversions.
Just like in Golf or Chess, opinions in design (that really matter) come from players that invested the thousands of hours into design and are FORCED to produce MORE conversions. To get there, a designer has to totally know our industry and has deep dived into shopper needs analysis 1st. From there a designer creates several layout designs 2nd, then the designer creates A/B studies of these layouts and then multivariate testing to optimize call to action triggers for maximum user interaction.

Many think that great page design is simply inspiration and a creative eye. No... that is simply the 1st swing on the 1st tee of a 3 day 72hole tournament.

Design is my passion, so I get a bit worked up, Sorry about the 'rant.

Agreed...we just went through a redesign and are monitoring our conversion rate to see what happens. I have found it it takes hard work and a lot of analyzing/trial and error to find what works. And like Joe said..sometimes it is something that is completely opposite to what you think might work!

I like those Matt. When you schedule the appointment on the website does it load in the CRM?

Now you just need to get the Toyota store to put some new car specials (which I hear are good now) on the site. Also the Honda store needs some pre-owned specials.

We just launched this site today so it has a little more tweaking to do (SEO especially). But it is one of my favorites.

What do you guys think?

Stevenson Toyota

Stevenson Honda

Matt,

Was looking at: Jacksonville 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hardtop Used Coupe Stevenson Toyota I liked the very interesting " interaction bar" at the bottom. But, as I was trying to zero in on the product, the "interaction bar" was a bit bold and it cluttered the merchandising space. IMO, I'd want some data on it (both good and bad) then run it against a smaller bar or possibly replace it with a sliding tab that calls up the "Interaction bar" with mouse over.

<-- Left -Image- Right --> arrows when clicked dont stop the slide show.

In that dead space between the arrows I'd like to see a "see all pics" page or a call to action button. WOOOPS, all of a sudden the t'nails fill out this space once the images scroll to the correct position.

I am in NO WAY saying that my site is all pretty n perfect. Hell no. I've got a "to do" list that grows by the day. I am just tossing in my "fresh eyes" review.

Keep up the fire Matt!... you animal!!
car1.png

Matt,

Was looking at: Jacksonville 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hardtop Used Coupe Stevenson Toyota I liked the very interesting " interaction bar" at the bottom. But, as I was trying to zero in on the product, the "interaction bar" was a bit bold and it cluttered the merchandising space. IMO, I'd want some data on it (both good and bad) then run it against a smaller bar or possibly replace it with a sliding tab that calls up the "Interaction bar" with mouse over.

<-- Left -Image- Right --> arrows when clicked dont stop the slide show.

In that dead space between the arrows I'd like to see a "see all pics" page or a call to action button. WOOOPS, all of a sudden the t'nails fill out this space once the images scroll to the correct position.

I am in NO WAY saying that my site is all pretty n perfect. Hell no. I've got a "to do" list that grows by the day. I am just tossing in my "fresh eyes" review.

Keep up the fire Matt!... you animal!!

Thanks Joe. As you probably know about us, we are in a constant state of improvement and we continue to tweak things.

Check this out. Super high resolution photos. Can zoom in and out and go full screen
Kansas City, MO 2010 Ford Taurus SEL Used Sedan Liberty, MO Independence, MO Gary Crossley Ford