• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM Internet Lead Response Time - OFFICIAL thread

I've been very happy with AutoRaptor so far and according to them they are an authorized GM SFE service provider. I don't know how long that will hold true but with GM making rules they can change them at any time without any warning and there is precious little we can do about it.

I feel partially vindicated in that I'm able to prove to my superiors that the blame doesn't rest on my shoulders (at least not solely) and that I am not a moron who can't operate email properly!

I use the GM Lead Tool to receive the leads and stop their clock. Then I'll cut & paste in the information within our lovely Cobalt Prospector CRM to actually work the lead. I'm down to 21 minutes(because it averages 9 minutes for the tool to notify me, yes I know, it's lame) with 100% answered, and yes, most definitely, I'll sleep with my BB storm to stop the clock. It's cumbersome, extra work to do, but then again, it's hard to trust a 3rd party vendor where GM is invloved, because they go out of their way to ensure their leads, are the best around :(

Truth be told, I'm thinking Ford has a better idea on this issue, but I'm a Chevy guy, and it kills me to say that :bkheart:

JCollins,

We were previously using Cobalt's LMCC (which, in my opinion, is garbage) and we switched to GM's own Lead Management Tool. We are following their own instructions exactly and it is still not "stopping the clock". I know there are great vendors for this type of action but shouldn't GM's own personal tool handle GM's leads properly??

Below is the EXACT manner in which a lead comes to me (and my cell phone):

"You have received a new lead in GM Lead Management Tool. For your convenience, you can respond to the lead directly just by replying to this email. Lead Management Tool will forward your response to the customer, as well as store your response in your Lead Management Tool mailbox. "

The sales rep we signed up with on the phone also ensured us that this process would be the only way we could stop the clock if we couldn't get to a pc.

I've spoken to OneSource again this morning and was informed, yet again, this is a known issue and their escalation team will be in contact shortly. My regional rep is in the area today and requested that OneSource send me an email stating that this was a known issue and that they are working on it and will be crediting us for the lateness of leads. That was 4 hours ago and I've not received that e-mail.

I don't want to sound negative but I'm almost envious of the dealers who have had their GM brands closed on them. I could sell so many more cars if I didn't spend my days putting out GM fires and begging for the scraps from their table. GM's coattails aren't what they used to be.

I use the GM Lead Tool to receive the leads and stop their clock.

Please tell me how you're able to stop the clock without being in front of your computer. I'm wondering if there were any special set-up instructions you had to do to make it work or if you (like me) just reply to the "do not reply" email to stop the clock.

If you reply to the email that comes in to your phone there there is a problem on GM's end as I'm on top of things when it comes to that.

OK...been sitting on the sidelines for a few on this, didn't want to rock any boats. WOW, I think GM really messed this one up. Esp since it affects something the dealers/salespeople want more of - Money. So, gonna tell you what I would do if I were in a GM store. <smile>

Think about why you are able to answer those leads and stop the clock with your "BlackBerry" - Terms may be a little different, but for those of you that dont know....most CRM's put a tag in the email "alert" that when you respond to it, it is actually sending the response to the CRM - matches it to the customer based on this tag - and sends the email to the customer - then marks a completed "task" in the CRM. This tag is usually a custom reply address, or a text string in the alert (this is why you have to include the "original" message to reply).

So - have the alerts sent to an email address you create, write a script/program that checks this email account and sends a reply that is delayed by 30 mins. Whalla - a 30 min response time on all your leads.

You could probably even do a poor-mans version and use an email account with POP access, and use an email program that "checks" the POP account every 30 mins. Leave the program and computer on all day. Your average would be 30 mins...so all would be ok.

I am sure this has some of your wheels a turning! Enjoy!

--Drew

You guys also know that if you are "border-line" for the next tier/time/bonus...just go to your Cobalt endorsed website (yes, the one we all hate)...submit a few leads - respond to them "fast"...Whalla...you have moved the needle!

Just don't do to many, and not from your dealerships IP.

You guys also know that if you are "border-line" for the next tier/time/bonus...just go to your Cobalt endorsed website (yes, the one we all hate)...submit a few leads - respond to them "fast"...Whalla...you have moved the needle!

Just don't do to many, and not from your dealerships IP.

Better yet, do it from your competitors free wifi... It'll look like they're trying to sabotage but you succeed anyway!

I use the GM Lead Management tool and I use my Iphone to answer after hour leads. Sunday night I had a lead come into the tool at 12:30 am and I was never notified of the lead via email. I received leads before and after but did not receive this one. I called Monday morning and the GM Customer Support person told me from his experience the customer must have been an orphan client that had not been reassigned. He said he could not verify why I did not get a notification. Has anyone had any leads come in without email notifications? Thanks

FYI....just heard a rumor that GM will be changing the lead response time component of SFE today or tomorrow. From my understanding.. the 24 million dollar budget they set aside for it took a huge hit the first quarter.

So, they are changing the lead response percentage from 95% to 99% on total responded within XX hours. The time is also be changed to something lower than the original 5 hours. With an average response of from 2hrs to 1 hr. (still not yet finalized)

Just a heads up for all leads that come in midnight tonight or after.