• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerSocket, get your act together (RANT)

Well, no, not really. I can respond from anywhere with email, but it doesn't alter the status of any events in the lead. When I get a new lead, and reply by email, it should mark the web lead as completed and make a new to do for sending an email that is completed. Likewise, when I'm responding to an email, it should mark the inbound email as received and mark that I sent an email response. It is unacceptable that I should have to go back in and change those statuses manually. If you can make the system figure out where to send the email, surely you can do those next steps.

By the way, I'm posting this from my new iPad. Congratulations, your site is the only one out of dozens of websites that I use on a daily basis to manage my inventory online and my web leads that cannot be accessed from an iPad or even a Mac. Again this is not acceptable. DS doesn't even have the excuse of not being compatible because of flash. Come on! If I can use vAuto, Cobalt website admin, XIGroup website admin, and others, how is it ok that your site is totally useless on a non-PC, non-Internet Explorer platform?

Because, and ONLY because, I need to use DealerSocket and Reynolds & Reynolds, I am forced to take up a third of my desk with a LCD, keyboard, and mouse connected to a POS windows pc. But for those two reasons, I could do most of my daily tasks from an iPad, and from my MacBook Pro if I needed to do serious web design.

(Sent from my iPad)

Hi there. Looks like you have found an answer? Please continue to stay in contact with your area consultant, and if you cannot get an answer quickly, below is my contact information. I am happy to help anytime!

Shellie Pierce
[email protected]
866-860-2687
www.dealersocket.com

Last edited:
Furthermore, I just checked four leads I replied to via email today. The one that was a brand new lead worked fine. The emailed responses that I replied to never went through. What good is this system if it only works for brand new leads and not for further communication?

Development is all about priorities and added value. We have more than 40 developers working on the application every day and producing 3-5 new releases/enhancements every month. Both our CEO and CTO use DealerSocket on a Mac and all of our new product offerings work fine in other browsers, so I am not sure why you are having issues. There are a couple of legacy UI challenges with formatting and a couple of ActiveX controls in some of the older pages and they are scheduled to be revamped late this year early next.

We love the feedback and want to serve you well. Please do understand that we roll out new feature requests every month based on what the majority of our customers are saying. The challenge Mac in the dealer world is that it is still rarely used – having said that, we are still moving more and more in that direction!

Your last post seems to be more of a training issue and how you have your emails set up. Please contact your territory rep or send me your name and dealership and I will have him contact you.

Shellie Pierce
[email protected]
www.dealersocket.com

Hi Shellie,

First let me say that I appreciate very much that you are getting involved with this post. Too many companies don't care about what their customers have to say when it comes to negative criticism.

If it's possible to use Dealersocket on a mac without any issues, I'm all ears. What browser is your CEO/CTO using? I've used Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and even the antiquated IE for mac and none of them function properly. The typical culprits are buttons such as for marking status for uncontacted, demo, write up, etc, or for sending emails. If I can use it on my mac without using vmware fusion and windows 7, I am a happy camper.

As far as the email situation goes, this is the issue: When a brand new lead comes in, I can reply and it logs that email and sends it to the customer if I reply. However, if the customer is just responding to one of my messages, responding to that message does nothing. It doesn't show up in Dealersocket and the customer doesn't get the email. I've checked with them and they did not get my email when I used this method.

Development is all about priorities and added value. We have more than 40 developers working on the application every day and producing 3-5 new releases/enhancements every month. Both our CEO and CTO use DealerSocket on a Mac and all of our new product offerings work fine in other browsers, so I am not sure why you are having issues. There are a couple of legacy UI challenges with formatting and a couple of ActiveX controls in some of the older pages and they are scheduled to be revamped late this year early next.

We love the feedback and want to serve you well. Please do understand that we roll out new feature requests every month based on what the majority of our customers are saying. The challenge Mac in the dealer world is that it is still rarely used – having said that, we are still moving more and more in that direction!

Your last post seems to be more of a training issue and how you have your emails set up. Please contact your territory rep or send me your name and dealership and I will have him contact you.

Shellie Pierce
[email protected]
www.dealersocket.com

Very happy to help! I'd love to have the most qualified person help you get these questions all answered. Can you email me separately your contact information and I'll get you connected with the right person?

[email protected]

Hi Shellie,

First let me say that I appreciate very much that you are getting involved with this post. Too many companies don't care about what their customers have to say when it comes to negative criticism.

If it's possible to use Dealersocket on a mac without any issues, I'm all ears. What browser is your CEO/CTO using? I've used Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and even the antiquated IE for mac and none of them function properly. The typical culprits are buttons such as for marking status for uncontacted, demo, write up, etc, or for sending emails. If I can use it on my mac without using vmware fusion and windows 7, I am a happy camper.

As far as the email situation goes, this is the issue: When a brand new lead comes in, I can reply and it logs that email and sends it to the customer if I reply. However, if the customer is just responding to one of my messages, responding to that message does nothing. It doesn't show up in Dealersocket and the customer doesn't get the email. I've checked with them and they did not get my email when I used this method.

Hi there. Looks like you have found an answer? Please continue to stay in contact with your area consultant, and if you cannot get an answer quickly, below is my contact information. I am happy to help anytime!

Shellie Pierce
[email protected]
866-860-2687
www.dealersocket.com

I was wondering where you were when I first read this post, Shellie. Glad to see you're still on here! When I saw what was being said I figured I could share from my experience what was working for our store.

Hi Susan! Glad to see I was missed. :) Yeah, I was a little slow on this one. I was traveling... then for some reason I had trouble logging in to reply! Thanks for jumping in and adding your first hand experience. Hope all is well.

I was wondering where you were when I first read this post, Shellie. Glad to see you're still on here! When I saw what was being said I figured I could share from my experience what was working for our store.

Hi Susan! Glad to see I was missed. :) Yeah, I was a little slow on this one. I was traveling... then for some reason I had trouble logging in to reply! Thanks for jumping in and adding your first hand experience. Hope all is well.

Well now, they have me on the responding to a customer's response...we don't use the system that way, however we use the time stopping click to log outbound call feature and respond to the initial lead from time to time outside of DealerSocket. I saw the new releases today to accommodate GM's lead response requirements and look forward to the OEM report being available for Ford.
Everything is a growing experience with any vendor and there have been a lot of releases as of late...look forward to more.