• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

QR Codes - In or Out?

I can't stand QR codes. I'm walking around an automotive conference right now and I see them everywhere, but I haven't actually seen anyone scan any of them.

I just don't see the value in them. People don't type that slow - it takes just as long to open the application, line up the QR code, etc.
They would have been better off investing in short URLs like dses.co/eventinfo

Reactions: 1 person
Find someone under the age of 30 who has a QR code reader app on their phone(and someone over 40 who knows how to use a QR code reader app). It will be less than 10% from my own polling and observations.

Aside from blackerry devices, I don't know of anyone under 30 who has installed and kept a QR code reader app.
And we've had this discussion many times, because I see QR codes on the sides of buses and on billboards in my city.

Talking QR's are alive and well. I have several clients using them successfully. Research indicates the time spent on the sites dramatically increased when the prospect is engaged getting additional verbal information. Here is one for your review. Scan it and see what you think. 49342.jpg

As a technology advocate, I own 6 phones I have used in the last 2 years. I currently have 2 active phones. None of them have QR code scanners.

Also, the #1 category for malware injected apps is QR Code scanners.

The technology to individualize and personalize verbal messages that engages some customers whether on the lot, after hours or via the website does work. It is distinct to the vehicle, fully automated and the message can changed as needed via keyboard. Customers feel they are getting facts, not a sales pitch. I am not aware of any malware issues.