• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Cobalt ReMarketing

Stefan

Boss
Apr 15, 2009
Awards
First Name
Stefan
Anybody familiar with the Cobalt ReMarketing program? Are there any other companys doing the same?

I called them this morning to get more info ...now they are trying to up sell me... Now I need Cobalt ProCare... and wait ... for this to work I need to have the call tracking with Cobalt @$80.00 per phone line :rofl: ... and wait its more... need to switch my ILM to cobalt ILM... :lmao: !!!

LOL - there was a thread about this prior. You can accomplish pretty much the same thing with a re-targeting company like Fetchback. And, Google AdWords now allows you to re-target on their content network. You just need a little elbow grease and know how, or ability to learn.

The good thing about doing it yourself, YOU have control over it. If Cobalt does it, you will have the look and feel same as everyone else, and IMO these ads and promotions match to close to manufacture (think manufacture banner with your name "really small" in the corner.) Do you want to brand YOUR DEALER or the manufacture?

I can't believe this conversation is happening right on 2015. I wonder when the OEM is going to let dealers be dealers.

I Absolutely believe that this conversation is happening again. If you follow the forums and even some of the other online publications, it's usually the same topics, questions and conversations happening over and over and over. I was just having the same conversation with @kevinfrye yesterday.

I was expressing some of my semi-hatred for social media. So many great conversations that include great feedback and data are happening on Facebook right now, but within the Facebook platform it's not set up to archive conversations in a way that's easily accessible. So many conversations that we have today are relevant next week, next month, next year, and let's face it, a few years from now with maybe a few small adjustments depending on topic. Here on DealerRefresh we are able to archive these conversations while placing them into a searchable platform that makes for a more robust educational experience for each and every user. This is way I am constantly trying to push the lurkers into conversing with the community.

Reactions: Stefan
Do you want to brand YOUR DEALER or the manufacture?

You want to brand your dealership. Why on earth would you want to brand manufacture? Unless you were the only dealership for that manufacture within a huge region. And even then why would you not brand your dealership.

Here is some info from older posts. Some of it may be a bit dated...but not really..

We are not virgins to this conversation here in the dealer forums…

http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/behavioral-targeting-campaign-576.html

http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f43/display-advertising-retargeting-276.html

Display advertising is a whole’ other beast. IMO something a little different than what we traditional ISM’s are used to because tracking its full effectiveness not always black n white.

I Absolutely believe that this conversation is happening again. If you follow the forums and even some of the other online publications, it's usually the same topics, questions and conversations happening over and over and over. I was just having the same conversation with @kevinfrye yesterday.

Funny you say that, about a month ago I was thinking about the new FB groups.

The difference between those and the blog is the depth and the trail of the conversation.