• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Why are Car Shoppers are so Damn Invisible?

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

I accompanied a friend of mine who wanted to buy a car.
He had already researched the car online, had a price quote from dealerships in the area from TrueCar
He was very clear with the trim and the interior and exterior colors he wanted

We drove for over an hour to get to the dealership only for them to waste 3 hours of our time and not have the car in stock on top of the fact that the car would now be $1,000 more.

I accompanied a friend of mine who wanted to buy a car.
He had already researched the car online, had a price quote from dealerships in the area from TrueCar
He was very clear with the trim and the interior and exterior colors he wanted

We drove for over an hour to get to the dealership only for them to waste 3 hours of our time and not have the car in stock on top of the fact that the car would now be $1,000 more.

I would like to see that dealer's website to see their warm fuzzy message about how they have a fantastic reputation and really care about their customers!

I believe that this is why customer reviews are becoming so important. We are in the process of kicking off a platform that will solicit reviews from customers that for what ever reason did NOT purchase a vehicle from us. To me, this is the group of people that I want to hear from. I want people to write a review about their experience and not just the vehicle.

If 85% of all car shoppers are on YOUR website prior to purchase, then why are they are so damn invisible?

Can anyone explain it?
Is anyone doing anything about it?
Have you seen anyone doing anything about it (i.e. Lingcars.com)?

Thought I would chime in as this is exactly what Dataium does, we use contextual behavioral analysis from across the web to identify and measure your traffic for behavioral cadence....and then produce an analysis like.....54% probability to buy a Ford Focus in 72 hours.