• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is anybody here using Motofuze ?

Alex, in theory you are correct. When Panda hits it is usually on that one subdomain/domain, and doesn't spread. Unfortunately, there are horror stories in forums of people that had whole domains punished, subs and all.

The other problem is that there are finite number of spaces for the terms that this content targets. If they have 10 GMC dealerships on board, only a couple are going to rank in the top 5. If your site authority / domain authority is higher than your competitors, then you are going to get the lions share. However, if someone comes in with more authority you are going to lose it.

Why wouldn't you just hire someone to recreate it all with unique content? Hop on ODesk and hire someone for $2-5/500 words. Recreating that wouldn't cost more than $200-500, and a couple weeks of your time. You could also head over to the college, grab an English major and have them do it for $10/article including posting. With a couple of writers you could recreate that with unique content for under $1000. You could then put it on the main domain, and benefit from its higher authority. You could make it even easier switching your portal site from Wix to Wordpress. That's what Motofuze uses.

Reactions: 2 people
I do see how you can be getting the traffic, I just see too much automated duplicate content and keyword stuffing with no real unique content. I also see pages and pages being spit out like wild fire, that's something that scares Google.
I wonder how long this will last till the site gets penalized from Google?

If anybody here knows anything about SEO and content marketing, they will see what I'm seeing... site:autoshopping.patriotford.com

autoshopping.patriotford.com - Site Report - Siteliner

Patriot Ford Home

Many, thank you very much for this information. I have to admit that it looks likes bad SEO practice and it won't be long until google catches that. I am 100% sure that beside the dealer's name, every single page is the same across the board.

Reactions: 1 person
Alex, in theory you are correct. When Panda hits it is usually on that one subdomain/domain, and doesn't spread. Unfortunately, there are horror stories in forums of people that had whole domains punished, subs and all.

The other problem is that there are finite number of spaces for the terms that this content targets. If they have 10 GMC dealerships on board, only a couple are going to rank in the top 5. If your site authority / domain authority is higher than your competitors, then you are going to get the lions share. However, if someone comes in with more authority you are going to lose it.

Why wouldn't you just hire someone to recreate it all with unique content? Hop on ODesk and hire someone for $2-5/500 words. Recreating that wouldn't cost more than $200-500, and a couple weeks of your time. You could also head over to the college, grab an English major and have them do it for $10/article including posting. With a couple of writers you could recreate that with unique content for under $1000. You could then put it on the main domain, and benefit from its higher authority. You could make it even easier switching your portal site from Wix to Wordpress. That's what Motofuze uses.

Now we're talking about standing out and being the true source with unique content!
I smell something good!

Reactions: 1 person
@Alex.Lemoing Did you end up going with MotoFuze? Why/why not?

@phayes Are you still using their services? Still seeing good results?

I recently was given internet manager responsibilities and inherited a fairly new set of websites that are lacking in content. While I understand that ideally we want to build our own unique content, this might be a good way to supplement our content as we grow our own. Would that make sense?

@BHavican No, we are not using their service at the moment. It's not a bad service per say as it will procure you with ton of content.

We decided to slowly create our own pages with our own content. It takes more time and effort but it's completely free, it stays on your website, helps with your page ranking and your own website SEO, you have full control of what you post etc...

We decided to slowly create our own pages with our own content. It takes more time and effort but it's completely free, it stays on your website, helps with your page ranking and your own website SEO, you have full control of what you post etc...

That's always my fear when paying for outsourced optimized content... what happens if and when you would stop using the service/company (for whatever reason) and the content resides on their platform, not yours?

With a flip of the on/off switch.. there goes the content you were paying for each month.

I guess it depends on how you view it. Such as a monthly optimized content campaign plug-in (without instant results), piggybacked (subdomained) onto your existing website to increase relevant traffic.

Most dealers will never have an in-house optimized content strategy for their online presence. They won't. How many dealers even have a blog and consistently publish new optimized content?

One out of 100? 200? 300? Be interesting to know, wouldn't it?

DealerOn is one of the few website platforms that I know of that will provide a WordPress install on the root domain. I wonder how many of their dealer accounts have a solid content strategy and are posting content in-house on a consistent basis?? I'll have to ask them.

That's always my fear when paying for outsourced optimized content... what happens if and when you would stop using the service/company (for whatever reason) and the content resides on their platform, not yours?

With a flip of the on/off switch.. there goes the content you were paying for each month.

Or you use a company that writes content like this:

Writes the content in your website
Additionally writes the content on your separate blog (so you can keep content and move it if you change website platform)
Volume based on demand (as many or as few articles as you need)

PS: That exists: http://contentmotive.com

I guess it depends on how you view it. Such as a monthly optimized content campaign plug-in (without instant results), piggybacked (subdomained) onto your existing website to increase relevant traffic.

Most dealers will never have an in-house optimized content strategy for their online presence. They won't. How many dealers even have a blog and consistently publish new optimized content?

One out of 100? 200? 300? Be interesting to know, wouldn't it?

Few do, but besides the fact that dealers end up--justified--focused on selling cars, I'll tell you from writing content for over 8 years for the automotive industry why this is hard.

It is boring and repetitive as hell.

Unless you are a writer by nature (and few of us are), content is not easy. When I say easy I don't even mean finding the time and punching the keys, I mean finding the subject and writing something worth reading. Even technical writing, explaining what our cars do so our customers can learn about our products, is even more repetitive and boring. That's why it doesn't get done at the dealer level.

What we did is create a software where writers add articles to Content Motive, we review them, and we buy the ones that we like. The writers can write about many different makes, that is how we keep it sane.

DealerOn is one of the few website platforms that I know of that will provide a WordPress install on the root domain. I wonder how many of their dealer accounts have a solid content strategy and are posting content in-house on a consistent basis?? I'll have to ask them.

Why install a WP plug in at the domain root level? Better to have a fantastic CMS (Content Management System) build in the website platform (BTY- that's what we did at Dealerlab.com/DealerEProcess) so you can keep the content

This is unique content on a adaptive site:
http://www.magictoyota.com/op-2015-toyota-corolla-near-everett/

This is unique content on a responsive website (and thus the content is responsive):
http://www.rocklandtoyota.com/cc-2015-toyota-prius-for-sale-near-haverstraw-ny/

Adding an identifier in the URL (op- or cc-) allows you to quickly identify the traffic to the content pages in Google AN.

Reactions: Alex.Lemoing
@JessicaRuth

I believe the issue may not be MotoFuze but the site's ability to display the entire menu on mobile.

This is my own problem of my content in my own websites:

Displays perfect on desktop
http://www.kleinhonda.com/op-2015-accord-vs-2015-altima but on mobile the comparison graphic gets cut off.

This is an adaptive site. In a few weeks we are testing the content with heavy graphics on our responsive platform. We are looking forward to see the differences in bounce rate from mobile between the two.