• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Question about vAuto

Tallcool1

Boss
Mar 17, 2014
Awards
First Name
Clint
I have a great deal of experience with vAuto, but it has been several years since using the system. One of the challenges I remember was the lack of data in the pool. Of course any dealers that subscribed to any large 3rd party services would always show up. The problem was that vAuto missed the 3 "smaller" dealers that didn't subscribe, and were a few blocks down the street from me.

I have met with a rep a few times, and of course I understand the benefit of the system BEYOND just pricing. My state does not release registration data to services such as Cross Sell, so I have no way of knowing what vehicles are slow or fast movers.

Do the vAuto clients feel that the data pool is better today than in the past?

Do you find yourself constantly stumbling across dealer's inventory that is absent from their data pool?

Where and how does vAuto get their data (other than sister companies and big 3rd party providers)?

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm in Canada so not sure how accurate that is, but I know up here they get data from AutoTrader and possibly a few other sources.
Data seems very accurate, the tool is very useful and it is still going strong at all stores.

We use it for price management at 9 stores now as well - they send us their pricing directly from vAuto and it updates classifieds, websites, etc all within the hour. Some stores believe in the data enough to change their prices 2 times a day.