• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

TAKE POLL My BS Meter is Going Radioactive!

Why do you need to listen to every call? Spot check them randomly and see what is being said to your customers and more importantly HOW it is being said. Outside services grade on the letter of the law, not the spirit. So, for example, a place like Call Rater will score you perfect if you hit all the word tracks but won't point out a nasty or bored tone that completely turns off a customer.

As a manager I don't have to waste listening to 50+ calls per day. But I always touch 10 or so (takes me about 20 minutes to skip through them) so that I know what is being said when I'm not around and how the attitude behind the call is affecting everything.

What I have done is to start scoring them myself based on certain criteria and giving $10, $20, or $50 bonuses for the more outstanding ones. I also make the reps score themselves 5 times a week.

You don't need to have someone listen to every single call. As managers, we just need to do our jobs.

As the manager of what I believe is a successful BDC, there isn't a great need to listen to recorded incoming calls. I schedule myself for 50 hours a week and spend most of my time in the room with my team actively listening to the calls they make and jumping in for a T.O. when necessary. A good 90% of the time I can tell what the prospect is saying by the responses the agent gives. When I'm off, we have a Team Leader in there to help keep the agents on track. That doesn't mean they don't falter from time to time but in this instance the accountability that a call monitoring company would provide is still there.

I know it's popular to bash BDCs but maybe not having to rely on acquiring the services of a 3rd party to monitor calls would be a benefit of having a BDC? :)

Reactions: dcolon02