• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CRM Retargeting!! Anyone tried this?

Rick Buffkin

Sausage King of Chicago
Oct 29, 2009
Awards
First Name
Rick
Yes... This is yet another Re-targeting thread. Sorry. I search the forum and didn't see anything on CRM retargeting.

I'm just wondering if anyone in here has tried this and had any success. I've found a couple diff companys (non - automotive) that will process your database for you and anonymize the data and purify it. Then the data matching starts and they will try and match the data to browser cookies, mobile device ID's, set top boxes, social accounts and more. They claim a 30-55% match. Once this is done, they can then deliver data segments to marketing applications of your choice (Ad Words, Google Display Network, Kenshoo, Marin, Adroll and so on. Roughly 120 of them).

They claim they can connect the dots between multiple devices ( which we all know customers use) and can credit offline sales to digital campaings if you send them your sold customer info.

I started thinking of how I could use something like this and my imagination started running pretty wild. All of those email address in my CRM (Tens of thousands). Some of who are being re-targeted to, most of who are not. The Third party leads or the ppl who never visited my website, I now have a way to reach out to them beyond EMAIL and across every device they own reguardless if they ever been to my website with custom offers. The customers that are 6 or 3 months out on their lease ending. Those customers that are 3,4,5 years into their purchase.

Then I started thinking, what about the customer list with "no contact" in the CRM or "Appt Set" but a no show and offering them a special incentive to test drive a vehicle and I can hit basically every device they own. Seems pretty darn strong.

So, I figured I would turn to the forum and see if any of you folks have ever tried this. If you have, did you have descent results??

Just curious.

You are on a very profitable right track... before you jump into a 3rd party program where the CPM is pretty high because of the limited audience set, and if you have the time and knowledge - you need to try Facebook Custom Audiences. BTW, Google is not far behind on this... both in the gmail interface and and on Google+ (beta on both). You can do twitter too...I have just never been able to make the spend on twitter worth it.

And, dont just think sales -- think service too. Here are some custom audience ideas I have had success with.

++ People that haven't been into service for 6 months
++ People whose leases are up in 3 months (24) or 6 months (36)
++ People who bought over 30 months ago
++ People that bought a used car 3 months ago -- you do give them their first oil change so they experience YOUR service department??
++ No sold OTDB/Ups (minus bad credit) - heavy target for 5 days. They came into your store and didn't buy. Keep your name in front of them.
++ People who bought XX months ago (about 3 months before the factory warranty is up), with no service contract on file.

Reactions: joe.pistell