• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Ideal size for Photo Booth

Joe pretty much nailed it. Practically speaking, after a few years of working out of a two-bay booth I'd push for a four-bay booth (two wide, two deep) for the added length and mobility. Like you, we had heavy duty trucks to shoot--we got up to a Sierra 2500HD in there, and I physically had to suck it in to get from one side to the other. I didn't have the guts to try to squeeze a dualie into ours!

Reactions: 1 person
Hey everyone. This is my first post but thought I would chime in with my $.02. Just my thoughts having built a few photo booths now. In my opinion I would say 30'x30' is adequate. You can do it in a smaller room just depends on what you’re planning to use. I actually us a 22x 20. It’s all we had so I make do with what we have. We do 25-30 cars a day through our booth new and used. Here is my thought on what you need to consider before building a booth 1. Is a turn table to be used? 2. What lenses you have at your availability 3. Are you using a full Frame sensor camera or small ( Is the dynamic range of the camera up to par with the colors you are shooting?) 4. What lighting your going to use? 5. Do you want lighting for interior use so not to use on camera flash that washes out the interior? 5. Volume of cars daily? 6. Will it be a drive through or pull in? 6. Flooring choice carpet or paint? (Painted floors are very high maintenance. Carpet has to be a mixed black grey or will dirty fast and must be commercial grade to clean often) 7. Green screen or drapes? ( having tried many colors drapes and 3 different materials) 7. Software to be used? 8. Do you need room for editing station or in separate room? 9. How detailed does management want to be on every picture. 10. How much time do you want to allow for each car for shooting - editing - and posting to internet ( 10 min per car or 30 min per car) . 11. Scrim or no scrim? 12. If Scrim do you want to use silk or ripstop? 12 Will you be taking high elevation pictures also? (the more pictures the better. Remember the more high quality pictures you post means a higher conversion rate on customers) 13. Last but not least What is your budget ! Figure all this out and then go backwards on what is in the budget and there you will get the most bang for your buck!

Reactions: 1 person
:huh?: How is it that this was said -

...I physically had to suck it in to get from one side to the other. I didn't have the guts to try to squeeze a dualie into ours!...

- and no one jumped on it?!?!

Now, to be fair, I don't know Billfred except from lurking on the DR forums, but he left the door wide open, so here it goes...Apparently you in fact "do" have the gut(s) :lol:

All kidding aside, thanks to everyone for the feedback on this question - does anyone have an economical suggestion for manufacturing a turntable/carousel?? They are quite pricey...probably for good reason what with having to hold an automobile and all...any thoughts/suggestions are welcome

Thanks!

Ed

does anyone have an economical suggestion for manufacturing a turntable/carousel?? They are quite pricey...probably for good reason what with having to hold an automobile and all...any thoughts/suggestions are welcome

Thanks!

Ed,
Great question. I'd be interested to hear or if anyone has the pricing for the different turn tables available on the market currently?

Yupp, bigger is better..:iagree:

A standard should be configured to make a regular photo booth, an open air booth or you can even mount it to a ceiling. Don’t let gravity, small spaces or anything else get in the way of your vision.:unclejoe:

Make all of the panels easy to customized and you can directly print on the panels or apply vinyl graphics.

7908748_orig.gif