• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ERA access for Multipule connections

Jan 5, 2010
First Name
Raul
So I pull data from several dealerships through a VPN and using Era Link but now that they are switching to ERA Access I was able to download the software but it seems that you can only use it for the Dealer that you downloaded it from and you cant use the software for another dealer. I was thinking since I already had downloaded it I could use the software for the others while using VPN but I guess this is not the case. Anyway to resolve this or?

Thanks!

Check:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\REY\Session\Servers\ERASVR]

The information necessary to connect to my ERA box is at that location. If I remove that information then ERAccess fails to connect.

However, once ERAccess connects once it seems to cache the server address. You may need to reboot between connections to different servers.

We have 2 reynolds server for different stores, there is no way to make a shortcut/launch parameter to choose which store to use :(

The only option is open up Software Manager or Connection Settings and change the server. I will play around with a .bat file and the registry and see if I can get something to work because it's really annoying to have to do that every time, even if I can't have concurrent connection, to make sure I am connecting to the right server on launching ERA Ignite.