• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Lead Sources currently looking for a good one

Homepage bounces are the worst. I can never tell if:
1. They never intended to get to my site at all
2. I'm not the manufacturer they were looking for
3. Something immediately deterred them from the site
4. They clicked some outbound link some employee put on the site and I lost them
etc etc

Much easier to get data when we had proper referrer links too.

So almost a year later and no real answer to the LotLinx debate? I've had just 2 months experience with LotLinx and also experience high bounce and comparatively short time on site.

Is there anyone out there (other than those with a vested interest) that use it in a dealership and swear by it? My gut tells me it's not working, but there seems to be no way to substantiate if it is or not.

I see that you are looking for a new lead source generator. I work for Digital First Media and we have the platform that I believe you are looking for!...

[much of this response/comment has been removed by the admin because somebody didn't read the rules around using the forums to promote your own products or service]

All of our leads are FULLY contactable. My clients are seeing upwards of 50-80 phone calls......many email leads....many text leads......credit apps......foot traffic.....but more importantly SALES!

[admin has decided to allow this last portion posted due to its entertainment value and to keep the conversation going.

To prevent you (the reader) from loosing the conversation - to summarize, Michele works for a company that resells a product called Lotlinx]

Michele,

We tried it at our store for a bit without much success. Admittedly, I think it could work VERY well in the right dealership, but we had too many other issues going on. Tools like this definitely aren't a "cure all" if the other processes are not healthy. This is a pretty old post, but just for kicks...

Cars.com - Pretty good and not as expensive as some of the other major players

Cargurus - Awesome ROI.. These guys are very clever in the way that they SEO

Autotrader- Pricey as heck but a good tool for dealerships that may not have the best exposure otherwise. Our group still uses them but many of the big dealer groups have dropped them to use the spend on PPC and other strategies.

Dealer.com - Not really a lead provider, but if you are using their website, they have plenty of resources that can help. They dramatically improved our PPC campaign when we let them take it over (we were using an independent). Also a few good conversion tools and helpful analytics

If you don't mind me asking Joe, when did you try this platform? Because as far as my understanding was is that this platform only made its way out to the east coast fairly recently as it had much success and is still having a lot of success on the west coast as well as all of my clients on this coast. Just wondering what dealership you are from and when you were doing this platform because I would love to look into the claim that it did not do well for you. And if that is the case, that is why I was wondering when you tried it supposedly. Thank you

Michele,

My comment was addressed to Michele. (referring to LotLinx - not Digital First Media). I have no experience with your company. I see that you are new here as well. Welcome! I have been reading this forum for several years now, and I think it is an awesome resource. Lots of great minds and analytical thinkers here... Enjoy your stay

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
I just wanted to make sure....I did not see Michael's comment and you would be surprised how many times people have written "Michael" when they meant Michele. Thank you for the welcome......so are YOU interested in a great low cost per lead platform ;) haha

Have a great week

In light of the recent issues with CarGurus being discussed I thought I'd revive this old thread and see if anyone has different opinions after the original post 3 years ago. Currently we have all of our eggs in two baskets (without counting FordDirect) with CarGurus and now Facebook Marketplace (started last weekend) but I'd like to spread out a little more if it's worth it to try and capture leads from those customers not using either platform. Is cars.com worth the time and money? Any other suggestions? I know Sean Bradley was pushing Autobytel/Autoweb, Carsdirect, and I think TrueCar (which I'm told we won't do business with anymore). We're a medium sized dealership owned by the same family for 92 years in Central Texas in a small town about 40 minutes from Austin. We compete with the big town dealerships to get people to come to us so we price aggressively and have customers coming from Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, and beyond. Thanks in advance for any opinions and good luck to everyone on closing out the year strong!

Reactions: Alexander Lau