• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

TAKE POLL Who is worse: VW or the EPA?

I'm very curious to see how this all plays out. The more I read about how they caught them, how it worked, etc.. the more I am wondering if other OEMs wouldn't have something similar in their setups. I know that there are other legal ways to cheat the system (ie: my Subaru has an air pump that just pumps in air to dillute the toxins - shouldn't actually reduce the total number of toxins, just reduces the parts per million. My motorcycle has a very similar PAIR system that just adds air to the exhaust before it passes the sensor).

I went to my non-automotive friends and almost every single one of them said, "Yeah, I saw something about Volkswagen in the news but I don't know what it was about". If I explained it to them most of them really didn't care about the EPA part or the emissions part at all, they only seem to care that a big corporation cheated and thought they would get away with it.