• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Three Ways to get the EDGE with Video... WEBINAR

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
Refresher's - John Colban over at Authntk WalkAround Video is hosting a quick webinar tomorrow (Wednesday) at 12 EST. I'm going to join him.

Listen...years ago only a few dealers were leveraging online reviews. As more and more dealers jumped on the wagon it lost a quite a bit of its effectiveness. Everyone's doing it. I'm NOT saying don't utilize DealerRater or other online review portals, I'm merely saying there was a point when only a few dealers were obtaining and utilizing online reviews. Those dealers...were reaping the initial benefits.

Online reviews was that rare "Silver Bullet". And still is for dealers talking it to the next level.

One to one walkaround videos is the new "Silver Bullet". It produces some amazing results. It's one of those services and processes that gives you a real leg up on the competition. It won't be long (1-3 more years) before most dealers/sales professionals witness the results and are sending one to one videos to all potential customer leads. Selling more cars. Servicing more cars.

Video isn't easy. Don't be fooled. But remember how hard it was/is to get your sale sand service team to get online reviews? But you figured out. Video is the same. It takes time and perseverance, but the results are OH SO SWEET!

Tomorrow on the webinar, John is going to go over a few ways to get the edge using video while reviewing Authntk's WalkAround Video Mobile App and online service. It's not a sales pitch but it will contain some best practices using WAV, which most could be applied to any video platform service you're using. I too will be jumping in to tell a few stories on how dealers are using video and getting SWEET results.

Join us - Tomorrow (Wednesday October 7th) at 12 Noon EST.

* I don't work for WalkAround Video but I do have an interesting story on how my relationship with them came about. If you want to know - call me. I don't receive any money form WAV expect for the advertising here on DealerRefresh that I make them pay, the same rate as everyone else. ;-)

Last edited:
Did you guys record the webinar? I was going to watch but got caught up in some other stuff.

I think video can be a huge tool when used correctly and creatively. I experimented using video for appointment confirmations. I'd shoot a quick video with a BDC rep standing next to the car the prospect was coming in on saying we're looking forward to seeing them and customers loved it. It got them excited and some showed it to people around them. For example, one nice lady told us she was at the beauty salon and watched it alongside some friends there. After showing her friends the car she was going to buy, do you think she was going to come home without it?

The hardest thing for me is implementing a process for it that we can follow consistently. I unfortunately had to end my video confirmation experiment because I couldn't make time to do it myself and our in-house photographer was told by not to help and that it was a waste of time. Did the webinar feature any best practices or processes to learn from? If not, there's an idea for a future one.

@BHavican of course I forgot to hit "record" when we got started.. I do that more often than I'd care to admit. :/ We didn't talk to much best practices yesterday, more just why you should be using it, showed some cool stories around it, etc... Our next one will be next month or the following, and we're going to best practices / implementing a video process.

LOVE the appointment confirmation videos. We're having more and more dealerships getting setup with those.

Attachments

• Appointment_Confirmation_for_Keisha_Barrant-Smith_-_john_authntk_com_-_Authntk_Mail.png
    Appointment_Confirmation_for_Keisha_Barrant-Smith_-_john_authntk_com_-_Authntk_Mail.png
    879.8 KB · Views: 1