• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Does a full moon change business?

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
I don't want to taint the poll with my opinion, but this is a debate I'm in at the moment. When the moon is full do you find car buyers to be a little more difficult to work with? Maybe even profit-affecting?

It would be cool to hear your thoughts and theories on this as well.

I would also add:

+Weather (not good or bad weather... just weather)
+Smells (not good or bad smells... just smells)
+Time " "
+Winter Solstice
+Summer Solstice
+Our proximity to Pluto
+Religious beliefs
+Number of Birds on the planet
+Number of Movies out starring or co-starring Leonardo Dicaprio
+Humidity
+Feet above sea level
+number of teeth in the customers head

I'm sure the list could go on but these variables need to be added to the quiz.

Reactions: 1 person
Some evidence for the person that is in favor of this idea. I know i'm more cranky towards, well everyone, when I don't get much sleep. (Taken from wiki)

Sleep quality

A July 2013 study carried out at the University of Basel in Switzerland suggests a correlation between the full moon and human sleep quality.Professor Cajochen and colleagues presented evidence that a lunar rhythm can modulate sleep structure in humans when measured under the highly controlled conditions of a circadian laboratory study protocol without time cues. Studying 33 volunteer subjects, the researchers found that subjective and objective measures of sleep varied according to lunar phase and thus may reflect human circalunar rhythmicity. Stringently controlled laboratory conditions, in a cross-sectional setting, were employed to exclude confounding effects such as increased light at night or the potential bias in perception. Measures of lunar influence on sleep structure, electroencephalographic activity during non-rapid eye movement sleep (NREM), and secretion of the hormones melatonin and cortisol, were retrospectively analyzed. At no point, during and after the study, were volunteers or investigators aware of the posteriori analysis relative to lunar phase. Around full moon it was found that electroencephalogram (EEG) delta activity during NREM sleep, an indicator of deep sleep, decreased by 30%, time to fall asleep increased by five minutes, and EEG-assessed total sleep duration was reduced by 20 minutes. These changes were associated with a decrease in subjective sleep quality and diminished endogenous melatonin levels. Cajochen said: "The lunar cycle seems to influence human sleep, even when one does not 'see' the Moon and is not aware of the actual moon phase."

Reactions: 2 people