• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
I've modified and added a few new tabs to the Modern Statistics feature - at least that's the formal name for the widget. Please take advantage of this easy to use tool.

You can now view the Latest Replies to discussions, the Newest Discussions and new feature called Promoted Discussions. I'm not sure how long promoted discussions will stick around, I'm testing it out. As you can see I've also added a new tab to showcase our Members with the most LIKES. @JoePistell should especially like that one. I've also configured a Newest Members, tab so if you see someone you know you can say HELLO!

Modern statistics tabs.jpg
If you really do want to say hello to a new member all you have to do is click on there user profile name and that will take you to their user Profile Page, Click on the "Profile Post" tab just as I've done with Mr. @Jerry Thibeau and from there I can say hello utilizing the profile post field.

Please note that the Profile Post field does currently have a character limit of I believe somewhere around under 200. So the profile post field is only intended for Fast Hellos, Quick Opinions, and Short Thoughts. If you would like to send a member a more personal Direct message that's only viewable between you and the person you're messaging, This is when you use the Conversations Feature which I will explain and a separate Post.

Profile post modern statistics new members.jpg

You also now have the option to choose the number of results under each tab you would like to view. This is a quick and easy way to find that one discussion that maybe you can't remember the title of.

Number of results option modern statistics.jpg

There is the ability to condense this widget and place it in other areas throughout the forums. There's also a few other options on what you can display. If you have some additional ideas one where you would like to see this featured widget, comment below and I'll see if I can't make it happen.