• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Top 30 vehicles with shortest days on market

Thanks Ryan. I look forward to hearing back on what you find out on adding that to the Carstory reports. I saw their report first here on DR but just went to the Carstory site just now to see how much for the report. Looks like it is free to dealers?

The OSV report is free to dealers as are the Market Reports that we supply.

We have this data (Regionalized DOM and Last Price by MMT), but I need to better understand what you are interested in using this data to accomplish. Are you trying to augment merchandising or trying to use the data for making sourcing decisions?

Maybe we should chat when you get back to Salt Lake.

I just looked at Troy's website, MarketCheck.com. If I were to describe it, I'd call it "kind of a poor man's CarGurus".

One suggestion, @Troy C , for the data to be of any use -- either to a consumer or a dealer -- you must be comparing apples to apples. What I mean is you can't compare an AWD LTZ to a FWD LT.

@JoePistell has written extensively about the importance of trim in the past.

Reactions: joe.pistell

We have this data (Regionalized DOM and Last Price by MMT), but I need to better understand what you are interested in using this data to accomplish. Are you trying to augment merchandising or trying to use the data for making sourcing decisions?

Hi Ryan It would be great to connect in Salt Lake City and meet. I will be back Sept. 5th.
As to the Market view vehicle ranking report by days on market I am asking if anyone knows if one exists in the industry? A report similar to the Carstory's OSV ranking report but days on market instead. I am not needing to buy that data as I already have the US data to create this kind of report. I know Carstory also has the data to create such a report as Vast / Carstory has that data as well. On another note: perhaps a naive question, what is last price by MMT you mentioned?

Reactions: Alexander Lau
I just looked at Troy's website, MarketCheck.com. If I were to describe it, I'd call it "kind of a poor man's CarGurus".

One suggestion, @Troy C , for the data to be of any use -- either to a consumer or a dealer -- you must be comparing apples to apples. What I mean is you can't compare an AWD LTZ to a FWD LT.

@JoePistell has written extensively about the importance of trim in the past.
We threw that site together quick and are still working on it but currently have several projects underway (that are not vehicle related) taking precedence. And yes I agree 100% you need to compare apples to apples.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
vAuto’s Provision tool uses 7 factors to determine the overall grade of a vehicle. One of these factors is DAYS SUPPLY.

You can absolutely isolate this single factor and search for only vehicles that get an A grade... or even an A+. These will be THE BEST vehicles for this specific factor. i.e. vehicles that turn EXTREMELY quick.

However, IMHO, I would also want vehicles that turn quick AND that are also available for purchase.

It would be kind of useless to find a bunch of vehicles that you want to target, but you can't find... a bunch of the vehicles that you want to target...

You can search on AVAILABILITY in vAuto, too.

Happy Hunting :)

Last edited:
Reactions: WillMcG32
You can get the top 5 Volume and top 5 Fastest Moving Vehicles.....FOR FREE

CLICK HERE TO VIEW YOUR MARKET

Info Updates Daily
But if you want the Make Model and Year on a report gives you top 30 you can schedule a free demo on the site, your market will be used during the demo.

Hope this Helps!!
your data is not accurate. where do you get your numbers?

Because I checked my market, and it lists the 5 highest volume independent dealers. I am unquestionably one of the largest 5 (maybe #1) and I am not on that list. In addition, my biggest competitor is also not on that list. On top of that, one of the dealerships that is on that list likely sells less than 5 units per month. 1 of your top 5 belongs on that list.

This is why I ask where your data comes from. @AutoAng

Agree with @Tallcool1 after checking a few markets I know. In some cases the true top 3 dealers weren't even on the list. In one case it was a total laugh where the tiniest joke of a dealership was number 1 .....a store that might sell 20 cars a month. And the store that consistently sells over 600 cars a month wasn't on the list.

Agree with @Tallcool1 after checking a few markets I know. In some cases the true top 3 dealers weren't even on the list. In one case it was a total laugh where the tiniest joke of a dealership was number 1 .....a store that might sell 20 cars a month. And the store that consistently sells over 600 cars a month wasn't on the list.

Because I checked my market, and it lists the 5 highest volume independent dealers. I am unquestionably one of the largest 5 (maybe #1) and I am not on that list. In addition, my biggest competitor is also not on that list. On top of that, one of the dealerships that is on that list likely sells less than 5 units per month. 1 of your top 5 belongs on that list.

This is why I ask where your data comes from. @AutoAng
I checked a number of markets I used to attack / follow and they're all wrong too.