• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

AutoTrader.ca looking to sell - Deal Pending?

Updated according to your's and others' comments, Craigh. I wrote this late the night of July 4. I know there are several smaller companies that provide digital marketing services to dealers in Canada -- but from what I understand, ATC is the largest (and yes, I know what it can be debated that what they provide is true digital marketing services) many companies I talk to admit they may say they're in Canada but it's merely lip service -- not enough money north of the border....

I communicated poorly what I intended to say in the article.

BTW, CarGurus is involved in a lawsuit with ATC...

Updated according to your's and others' comments, Craigh. I wrote this late the night of July 4. I know there are several smaller companies that provide digital marketing services to dealers in Canada -- but from what I understand, ATC is the largest (and yes, I know what it can be debated that what they provide is true digital marketing services) many companies I talk to admit they may say they're in Canada but it's merely lip service -- not enough money north of the border....
Won't disagree with you on these points, but I do work with 4 or 5 Digital Marketing companies that do automotive focus in Canada primarily.
The difference is that 100 clients in Canada is a big haul, but we're all taking business away from ATC on a daily basis :)

BTW, CarGurus is involved in a lawsuit with ATC...
Yeah, their "come to Canada" strategy was bold... haven't heard the whole story, but I've heard pieces.