• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Internet Appointment Rotation HELP!!!

mattingly77

Lot Lizard
Sep 29, 2015
First Name
Marc
I really need some help here.

Let me explain our process. We currently funnel all of the Internet Leads through our BDC. When an appointment shows we rotate through our sales team. If a salesperson is busy with another customer we keep them at the top of the rotation but then move to the next person in line. I am getting complaints from upper management that certain sales people are not getting enough opportunities. The problem I see is the sales people with the fewest opportunities are also the people who sold the most vehicles last month so they were busy more often then the other sales team members.

How do you handle this situation or what is your process. I am open to any new idea.

I really need some help here.

Let me explain our process. We currently funnel all of the Internet Leads through our BDC. When an appointment shows we rotate through our sales team. If a salesperson is busy with another customer we keep them at the top of the rotation but then move to the next person in line. I am getting complaints from upper management that certain sales people are not getting enough opportunities. The problem I see is the sales people with the fewest opportunities are also the people who sold the most vehicles last month so they were busy more often then the other sales team members.

How do you handle this situation or what is your process. I am open to any new idea.

My thoughts: Be fair to the dealership & ownership, not to the individual sales people.

How are your other sales people doing at closing BDC deals? Is their closing percentage high enough to justify heat from explaining to management & staff the way you did here? If the staff taking appointments are not closing the sales, is there a way to help your top producing sales staff take additional customers at one time (assistants to do walk around & test drives duties). This way you aren't watching hard work & money get thrown away by staff that is not up to speed in getting cars sold?

Set them for the Sales Manager and let him do a reverse TO to whatever salesperson he wants. Then it's his decision. He may feel like a certain salesperson will be better with a certain customer.

The customer also gets the added VIP treatment of coming in and asking for the sales manager. We set all our new car appts with our new car manager and used car appts with our used car manager.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
I would start by asking the upper management folks. How would they suggest you go about doing that? Let them give you their ideas (they always have them) which you can promptly prove not to work and continue doing it the way you are doing it. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with how you are doing it.

Set them for the Sales Manager and let him do a reverse TO to whatever salesperson he wants. Then it's his decision. He may feel like a certain salesperson will be better with a certain customer.

The customer also gets the added VIP treatment of coming in and asking for the sales manager. We set all our new car appts with our new car manager and used car appts with our used car manager.

I'm with @Rdpatrick. With this type of set-up, whenever possible, all appointments would be scheduled for and confirmed by the corresponding floor/sales manager. Perception of VIP treatment while establishing rapport with a "manager" from the beginning is a winning process and makes for a high closing ratio.

However, establishing this process and being consistent with it can be a struggle for many dealers.