• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Lead Information Services (CRM)... anyone used it?

Feb 17, 2015
First Name
Bob
I'm the eCommerce/BD Director for a small automotive group of five dealerships. We currently use VinSolutions and have since 2011. No complaints with the CRM, processes are fine tuned, and it works. However, ownership has recently brought on board a consulting company, NorthEast Dealer Services. And with them has come a push for us to switch from VinSolutions to Lead Information Services.

Ownership is attracted by the hugely lesser price tag.

I'm deterred because it's not a well-known CRM, and what little I've heard so far has been negative.

I'm hoping to get more insight on the pros and cons to LIS. Especially if anyone has used it as well as VinSolutions.

Thanks everyone!

I'm the eCommerce/BD Director for a small automotive group of five dealerships. We currently use VinSolutions and have since 2011. No complaints with the CRM, processes are fine tuned, and it works. However, ownership has recently brought on board a consulting company, NorthEast Dealer Services. And with them has come a push for us to switch from VinSolutions to Lead Information Services.

I'm deterred because it's not a well-known CRM, and what little I've heard so far has been negative.

I'm hoping to get more insight on the pros and cons to LIS. Especially if anyone has used it as well as VinSolutions.

Thanks everyone!
Since Lead Information Services and NorthEast Dealer Services appear to share the same address, is it possible they are less of a true consultant and more of a vendor trying to sell something? I'll make the assumption that they've been upfront about the relationship between the two companies, correct?
Both companies are owned by Ernie Boch

Welcome aboard Bob!

Whenever auto consultants are brought into a dealer group situation, they generally will bring in their own systems and processes like @Ed Brooks mentioned. Maybe ownership has already fully bought into their ideas, or have already given them a blank slate to do whatever? If that's the case, then hold on for the ride. Now if there is actually some input and a group decision to be made on which way to go on some of their recommendations, then state your pros & cons and bring some stat's backing up your points to ownership.

Changing CRM's is a big move. If you already have one that works well, everyone uses it to it's full potential, the dealership's maximizing the full sales cycle and process, you have solid sales growth... there's no need to change. One of the most challenging thing's to accomplish in any dealership, more so in a dealer group is to have the CRM and process working well.

Thanks everyone!
Bob
Take a look at this link http://www.leadinformationservices.com/ilm-integrations.html
It would appear that LIS is not certified to handle leads from most of the OEM's in your group. Your consultant should have mentioned that.....