• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Appraisal Tool - seeking BETA testers

Sabrina

Green Pea
Jul 6, 2016
First Name
Sabrina
SEEKING 5 dealers for a FREE Trial of an online Appraisal Tool - 2 months

Tool preview: https://drivecarma.ca/Sell

What it does:
- increases sales through transparency
- provides customer insight into how car condition affects trade price
- is NOT a lead gen tool - actually books high quality appointments for you
- allows the dealership to have control of the range and agressiveness of pricing
- more accurate than Black Book, more effective than a lead form

Web results:
- increase in average time on page
- decrease in bounce rate
- increase ratio of pageviews to appointments

The first 5 dealers to respond and are willing to share results and data will receive the tool to test. We will work with you to implement it and advise on processes to help you see results.

We've done live testing in house and had success. We now want to get results and see what challenges we can solve in the dealership world at large. Will update the community.

Last edited:
Hello! :)

I work with Sabrina. Some of you may recognize me from a little while back, I was more active on here in 2013 and 2014.

Personally I have been quite tired of using systems that were developed 30 years ago and use out-dated technology.

We have been working closely with the Capital group here in Canada to make modern dealer focused products from the ground up. We have a PhD senior developer on staff leading the charge on the technology side. He has past experiences as the architect of an app that - for a time - was even more popular than facebook. Further, we have been following Google's mantra of "dog fooding" our product by testing it ourselves with real customers. Hence the drivecarma.ca branded site. We literally bought and sold cars with local customers using the model.

We would really love feedback from folks on here to make a really amazing product. Who knows maybe one day it could grow into something that replaces tech from a company with two Rs in the name. And to re-iterate Sabrina's point on forum rules, we are looking to follow the example that Live Chat fellow set a while back - the product is free for the study time period, no strings attached, it provides real value, and we really want your feedback.

Thanks
Anthony

PS
We will be going to DSES this year - so if anyone would like to meet us in person we will say hi there. :)

I really like the idea. I checked a few cars and the numbers seemed a bit off, but the process/idea is great.
I can probably get some beta testing done if you'd like.

I also noticed I can't put in a 2 door 2005 Civic Si, it only allows me to do a 4dr, which I don't believe exists.
Oh the joys of make model trees :)

2005 Subaru Forester XT (tricky one)
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 3.14.32 PM.png
2005 Civic Si 4dr
Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 3.16.27 PM.png

Yay - thanks Craig.

I'll comment on the range - we are giving dealers control over the range size as well as how aggressive the pricing should be - so there's flexibility there depending on preference.

I also checked on the Civic issue and it looks like the difference there would be the naming between the Si and Si-G, the Si-G having the coupe. The tool is using a Black Book API so it should be accurate, but as always there's a small margin for error. I will also mention that we've designed this to focus more on recent trade models, so 2005 is on the older end of scale in that case. Not trying to make excuses, I just want to be transparent about our focus and intention.

I'll PM you to chat about testing.

Hey folks! We have only 3 beta spots left for this batch.

The tool is a great way to drive appointments, handle that awkward "what's my car worth?" question on the floor, and generate more gross. Install on your website is easy - it's like Google Tag Manager.

Want to participate? Simply respond in this thread to get free access for 2 months!