• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Fox Dealer

Rob

Boss
Apr 9, 2011
Awards
First Name
Rob
Has anyone heard of / had experience with Fox Dealer Interactive?

I am deep into a search for a new website vendor, and most disillusioned at this point. There are a ton of mediocre offerings out there. It's surprising, really.

I am awaiting a demo with Fox Dealer, but it seems possibly interesting.

There are some good bits with their design, even though the pages are obscenely heavy. (Like seriously seriously too big.) I dislike the SRP's, which is a recurring issue with almost every vendor. The VDP's mostly seem nice.

Anyway - any thoughts on the company / websites?

I can't say I have any experience with Fox personally, but I believe they are on the list of vendors who use Wordpress as a back-end to their site.
You'll find varying opinions on this practice, but it certainly comes with a large number of benefits that can be leveraged, typically starting with a lower price tag.

I can't say I have any experience with Fox personally, but I believe they are on the list of vendors who use Wordpress as a back-end to their site.
You'll find varying opinions on this practice, but it certainly comes with a large number of benefits that can be leveraged, typically starting with a lower price tag.

Yeah i definitely have mixed feelings about WordPress. I hate it on a personal level, but it has some value for a large site. I've never used it with a dealer site though, so it would be a bit of a new challenge.

Wordpress has many, many benefits.
It's major drawback is it's core concept of "one content area per page".
Any vendor that isn't fixing that issue isn't building on top of it, so it's the first thing I look for.

If Dealer Inspire is a bit out of your range I would recommend http://cardealerpress.com/

Not only do they have solid wordpress dev skills for building dealer sites. They also have built a Wordpress inventory plugin that I use for pahrumpcars.com The rest of the site I built.

I've only ever heard bad things about Dealer Inspire, so I have never checked them out. Should I?

I've only ever heard bad things about Dealer Inspire, so I have never checked them out. Should I?

When picking a website vendor, you need to know what you want.
Vendors like Dealer Inspire offer a great product with awesome add-ons, but your site isn't going to be unique or standout amongst their hundreds of clients.
Vendors like CarDealerPress let you power many custom designs, so you'll be entirely unique if you want, but you're sacrificing some functionality.

What matters most to you?