• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
What Inventory Management application are you currently using and why, and what's your favorite feature(s)?

If your CRM offers inventory management and you're using it, include it. Maybe the integration is your favorite feature. Some website providers offer inventory management (though typically lacking in features.) and that fine, just be sure whoever you add to this list offers a stand alone inventory management application..

Here's a list of Inventory management applications that I'm aware of...
Add to the list in the comments. And don't forget to add your favorite feature(s)...

What Inventory Management application are you currently using and why, and what's your favorite feature(s)?

If your CRM offers inventory management and you're using it, include it. Maybe the integration is your favorite feature. Some website providers offer inventory management (though typically lacking in features.) and that fine, just be sure whoever you add to this list offers a stand alone inventory management application..

Add to the list in the comments. And don't forget to add your favorite feature(s)...

We use a mix right now.. If you are looking for cheap and features I would go with

www.netlook.com

They can handle imports, exports, rules and whole list of stuff that the big boys do. Plus you can even build sites with subdomains of listed inventory like I have here at

cars.heroautogroup.com

For my larger stores we use Homenet. Main reason is they are the only IMS I am aware of that has a build into Power. So I dont have to upload files all the time. They are good for the most part. There is still some things I think they could improve on from a GUI standpoint. But hey, cant have everything your way.

Another one I looked at yesterday was Vauto's Conquest.. For many out there that could be pretty promising. Especially if you dont really want to have to manage your pricing to much.

Reactions: WillMcG32

What - no vAuto? :)

Reactions: Alexander Lau
Dealer Specialties.
DMI (Digital Motorworks) Pretty sure they were bought by CDK though. I think they may be the largest. Chances are you may not have a direct relationship with DMI but the Chances of them having all your inventory in their DB is pretty high!

My favorite out of all the ones mentioned that I use is Homenet. Data Conversions folks!!!! Learn how to use them! Also, check out their Export Conversions as well.

Reactions: Rob and joe.pistell
I wonder how many dealers pay multiple vendors for inventory management software and only use one? It seems interesting how much Wells Fargo got blasted for opening extra consumer accounts (at no cost to the consumer from what I understand) and yet automotive third party companies "sell" products that the dealer won't use or are redundant. Anyone want to do the math on that??