• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerRater Employee Certified - help me understand...

Chandra Dickson

Green Pea
Dec 7, 2015
First Name
Chandra
Hey friends!

Our dealership has a plugin that allows for our DealerRater "certified" employees to show up on our "Meet Our Staff" page.

We absolutely LOVE DealerRater around here! It's a strong tool; we're a dealer of the year through them and strive to make LotShot part of every customer delivery.

Here's the thing though. You have to have xx number of reviews per calendar quarter in order to keep up certification.

That's right, I said CALENDAR quarter. Not revolving?!

WTF.gif

What are y'alls thoughts?! (That's right...I said "y'all"...I'm originally from TX. You can take the girl out of...well, you know the rest.)

Just curious if other dealerships are having these same "issues" or questions with this or any other review sites.

Last edited:
The MAIN complaint is that the reviews are renewed per quarter (Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct). Not on a revolving quarter. Example: I get 5 reviews in Jan, 4 in Feb and 5 in Mar. I'm certified for Apr. Obvs. But, let's say I only get 3 in both May & Jun. Instead of only needing 4 in July, I need another 10 since they don't revolve. Make sense @craigh?

However, now that you bring the above to light, that's another question. Let's say my certified employees all have 4.0 reviews and 100 recent ones of those. My 5.0 reviewed employees might not be certified if they don't have the same volume and frequency.

I'm alright with the way they do it.
It's not perfect, but it requires that people continue to keep reviews active.
I've worked with enough dealers that I can say getting 5 reviews a month isn't that difficult.