• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Do you think that if you knew more about the Consumer Journey you could sell more cars?

ed.brooks

Boss
Jan 15, 2010
Awards
First Name
Ed
On January 16 2017 eConsutancy published this excellent blog post:

A few highlights -

2016 research by Econsultancy in APAC suggested 'understanding of the customer journey' is poor.
2016-09-13_10_48_07-charts.pptx_-_PowerPoint.png

My initial thought was that most dealers I speak with would fall into the last two categories.​

Another nugget -

The customer journey is split into five parts, 'discovery', 'research', 'purchase', 'delivery' and 'after sales', with five 'whats' for each:
  1. What task is the customer trying to complete?
  2. What questions do they have?
  3. What touchpoints do they encounter?
  4. What emotions are they feeling?
  5. What weaknesses are there in the brand's ability to help?
So it brings up the question, "Do you think that if you knew more about the Consumer Journey you could sell more cars?"

On January 16 2017 eConsutancy published this excellent blog post:

A few highlights -

2016 research by Econsultancy in APAC suggested 'understanding of the customer journey' is poor.
2016-09-13_10_48_07-charts.pptx_-_PowerPoint.png

My initial thought was that most dealers I speak with would fall into the last two categories.​

Another nugget -

The customer journey is split into five parts, 'discovery', 'research', 'purchase', 'delivery' and 'after sales', with five 'whats' for each:
  1. What task is the customer trying to complete?
  2. What questions do they have?
  3. What touchpoints do they encounter?
  4. What emotions are they feeling?
  5. What weaknesses are there in the brand's ability to help?
So it brings up the question, "Do you think that if you knew more about the Consumer Journey you could sell more cars?"
I would agree, most dealers would fall into the last two categories. Good stuff!