• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Listing of all the Dealership Website Hosting Companies

looks like Dealers using platforms such as Dealer Inspire, Dealer X, etc. (platforms built on Wordpress) will be forced to use HTTPS (or be charged for it, based upon an absolute requirement)
https://wordpress.org/news/2016/12/moving-toward-ssl/

First, early in 2017, we will only promote hosting partners that provide a SSL certificate by default in their accounts. Later we will begin to assess which features, such as API authentication, would benefit the most from SSL and make them only enabled when SSL is there.

Last edited:
NabThat also builds websites for dealers utilizing the most state-of-the-art technology, coding and programming. No Wordpress. Handbuilt with the highest lead form conversion in the market. We are so sure of ourselves we offer dealers the opportunity to pay-per-lead!

looks like Dealers using platforms such as Dealer Inspire, Dealer X, etc. (platforms built on Wordpress) will be forced to use HTTPS (or be charged for it, based upon an absolute requirement)

First, early in 2017, we will only promote hosting partners that provide a SSL certificate by default in their accounts. Later we will begin to assess which features, such as API authentication, would benefit the most from SSL and make them only enabled when SSL is there.

Certbot has changed this whole situation so that this is really not an issue (as outlined in the link).
For most dealers, a free SSL certificate is all they need. We can even set our servers up to auto-renew the certificates with Certbot, validate them, etc - completely hands-off experience.

Happy to see Wordpress making this change, but I'll be surprised if they force much of anything on anyone.
They prefer backwards compatibility over doing things better most of the time.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau

Hey Alex! Just wanted to chime in and let you know we already have the majority of our dealers on SSL. It's not because of the Wordpress changes (although we welcome this) but for the Geolocation features that require SSL. The DI development teams work to ensure the sites are SSL / HTTP2 as soon as they launch.

Certbot has changed this whole situation so that this is really not an issue (as outlined in the link).
For most dealers, a free SSL certificate is all they need. We can even set our servers up to auto-renew the certificates with Certbot, validate them, etc - completely hands-off experience.

Happy to see Wordpress making this change, but I'll be surprised if they force much of anything on anyone.
They prefer backwards compatibility over doing things better most of the time.
Right, that's probably the case for most. I suppose those platforms that haven't absorbed it will need to do so. As for why I bumped it, I'd rather not create a million threads for the same theme.