• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Integrating inventory into my website

Thanx guys! I will give it a try, looks a little beyond my collage html classes though :)

-j

Hi J, I've taught Wordpress to people who found it scary and didn't have any programming skill. There's a small learning curve, but that's about it. There are some freelance sites where you can hire someone to put together a Wordpress site for you. Some hosting providers do automatic backups and fix your site for free in the event it is hacked.

One warning about a DIY Wordpress website: Back it up often, it will get hacked.

And when you restore the backup, maybe restore a few days ago.
Many hacks are uploaded 1 day and exploited another day.
I've seen plenty of people get "hacked" over and over again because they keep restoring the same malware plugin.

Wordfence + changing wp-admin to a different URL is what we do, and we've even stopped the brute force bots, for now.

The best Wordpress exploits are the ones that collect information without you seeing them.
I've found more than enough of those to remind me that not every invasion is an obvious one.
Wordpress can be kept secure, and you're doing more than most, but it still has a number of things that concern me at its core.

@craigh @amirxl

Didn't post about WP exploits to doubt any WP expert proficiency, we also use WP for some sites and are able to doing everything that needs to be done, my comments were focused on those people that think that because WP as a system is free that the services or knowledge associated with it should also be free.

The last release of Wordpress (this month) patched 6 significant exploits.
The issue is not that it's less secure than alternatives, the issue is that because of it's insanely high usage across the internet it's the largest target. Everything has weaknesses, but the incentive to cracking Wordpress is being able to crack millions of sites.

All that said, it can be prevented if you know what you're doing, but as Yago was saying.. that's not included "out of the box".