• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Beepi and Vroom and Carvana - will they make a DENT?

Here you go, to be fair:

Carvana Co. (CVNA): Bloomberg Negative Article Misses The Point - Wells Fargo
https://www.streetinsider.com/Analyst+Comments/Carvana+Co.+(CVNA):+Bloomberg+Negative+Article+Misses+The+Point+-+Wells+Fargo/12983356.html

Hey, if you think Carvana is going out of business then by all means leave your comments, that was your opinion I assume. I am not worried at all about fairness, you could say that Wells Fargo has vested interest in casting a more positive light on the IPO. I just think the article published by Automotive News is disgraceful and I wouldn't want to be associated with it in any way.

@Cullen C , It's not just @Alexander Lau. it's already on FB via Automotive news!!! Maybe you were referring to Alexanders Bye Bye remark.

View attachment 3267

I am certain it will be shared on every possible medium, it is lazy journalism and it frankly isn't new "news". Anyone who attempted to do any substantive research on Carvana could have and should have formed their own opinion on the leadership and organizational backing of the company. To throw it in a headline and somehow tie it to the long term success of the company is ridiculous.

I understand the attention that an article like that may grab, but ultimately the only thing it MIGHT hurt is the stock price...which would eventually adjust anyway.

I don't believe it really has much bearing at the consumer level and that is what will determine the success or failure of the company.

Out of curiousity @Cullen C , how many units a year does the Carvana organization sell. I was shocked when I read 7,000 vehicles to choose from. Also, where in the world do you keep 7,000 vehicles!

I am sorry guys, I know that Carvana has a lot of haters out there...but I just think it is about the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Hang in there Cullen, things like this come about and if you just do a good job and take care of customers then nobody is going to give a shit one way or another.

I understand the attention that an article like that may grab, but ultimately the only thing it MIGHT hurt is the stock price...which would eventually adjust anyway.

I don't believe it really has much bearing at the consumer level and that is what will determine the success or failure of the company.

Out of curiousity @Cullen C , how many units a year does the Carvana organization sell. I was shocked when I read 7,000 vehicles to choose from. Also, where in the world do you keep 7,000 vehicles!

I am sorry guys, I know that Carvana has a lot of haters out there...but I just think it is about the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Hang in there Cullen, things like this come about and if you just do a good job and take care of customers then nobody is going to give a shit one way or another.

They just released earnings that say they sold over 8,000 during Q1 and expect to sell 44k or so for the year. They store the cars at regional distribution points.

I do work for them anymore so I don't need to defend them I suppose I just didn't appreciate the article's headline and motives. As far as taking care of customers they have 7,250 customer reviews on their site and the average score is 4.7, I think they have that part figured out.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
They just released earnings that say they sold over 8,000 during Q1 and expect to sell 44k or so for the year. They store the cars at regional distribution points.

I do work for them anymore so I don't need to defend them I suppose I just didn't appreciate the article's headline and motives. As far as taking care of customers they have 7,250 customer reviews on their site and the average score is 4.7, I think they have that part figured out.

Hey man, there is nothing wrong with sticking up for something you believe in. Personally, I believe there is something wrong if you DON'T.

Hope your new venture is going well for you.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner