• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

3rd Party Attribution

This has been a year of every vendor asking me to do an attribution study. The only reason for it is so the 3rd party can say "see, we do help." which is something I do not disagree with.

The thing I am interested in looking at further is. How are these data companies getting, storing and using the data? Based on their AUTHORIZATION FOR DATA RETRIEVAL AND USE they seem to relive themselves of any responsibility if there is a breach and customer info is hacked.

Reactions: Mike Phillips
AUTHORIZATION FOR DATA RETRIEVAL AND USE

This Authorization for Data Retrieval and Use (“Authorization”) is entered into between Transparency and Business (“Customer”)
. The parties agree as follows:

AUTHORIZATION. Customer hereby authorizes Transparency or their agents to access and retrieve Customer’s data (“Data”) that Transparency needs to perform certain services for Customer (“Services”). Customer hereby authorizes Transparency to authorize third parties to retrieve and use the Data on Transparency’s behalf (“Agents”) to assist in performing Services for Customer, so long as Transparency remains responsible for the Agents’ compliance with the terms of this Authorization.
- Who are these agents?

RESTRICTIONS. Transparency may use the Data to perform the Services and to improve its performance of the Services. Transparency will comply with all restrictions relating to Data retrieval and storing Customer Data. Transparency will not disclose the Data to any third party except its Agents, partners or associated parties except in an anonymized, aggregated format for marketing purposes. Transparency will take reasonable steps to maintain the confidentiality of any non-public Data that is identified by Customer as confidential information.

REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. Customer represents and warrants that Customer has the right to grant to Transparency and its Agents the authority granted in this Authorization without violating applicable laws or Customer’s published privacy policies and information collection and use policies (“Customer Policies”). Without limiting the preceding sentence, Customer represents and warrants that (a) the Data was collected in accordance with applicable laws and any Customer Policies; (b) the Data is accurate and complete; (c) Customer has the right to disclose the Data to Transparency and its Agents without violating applicable laws or any Customer Policies; and (d) Customer has the right to use, and to authorize Transparency and its Agents to use on Customer’s behalf, the Data in connection with the Services without violating applicable laws or any Customer Policies. Customer will indemnify Transparency and its Agents from all liability arising from a breach.

WHAT ?

so if a breach happens, I get sued I can't sue Transparency or cars.com / autotrader etc for the damages?

Chris,
Firstly, thanks for bringing this to the attention of the forum. Our entire process starts with first-party data, so data security is ALWAYS our #1 priority. In certain instances based on the dealership's DMS type, we utilize Authenticom/DealerVault to pull the data from the dealers' DMS. Our data agreement covers this "third-party agent." However, if the dealer prefers to upload the data to us directly via AWS, we've created a direct uploading option with direct step-by-step instructions here at www.transparencyai.com/upload

Reactions: Digital Dealer
160509.profitability.jpg