• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Adding a Popup Coupon Using Dealertrend with Wordpress

Orin

Green Pea
Jun 15, 2012
First Name
Orin
I've built a Wordpress website for the dealership I work for and I'm using Dealertrend.

Unfortunately, Dealertrend's inventory system doesn't have a way to add a popup coupon to our used car inventory so I'm looking for a way to do so myself.

I'm hoping someone who uses Dealertrend will possibly share with me how they've added a popup coupon to their site along with what plugins they used in the process.

If you'd like to visit the website, the url is nocjdr.com

Thanks in advance.

I've built a Wordpress website for the dealership I work for and I'm using Dealertrend.

Unfortunately, Dealertrend's inventory system doesn't have a way to add a popup coupon to our used car inventory so I'm looking for a way to do so myself.

I'm hoping someone who uses Dealertrend will possibly share with me how they've added a popup coupon to their site along with what plugins they used in the process.

If you'd like to visit the website, the url is nocjdr.com

Thanks in advance.

Check out Pippity. It has lots of cool options available that are user friendly and not as annoying.

Pippity's website looks great and their product seems promising. However, I'm looking for a free solution. Also, we don't use AWeber or Mail Chimp or any 3rd party e-mail lists currently and don't want to subscribe to one at this point.

Not sure if WPMU's Popup plugin would work or not but I did find a free solution that I'm pretty sure will work.

It's a combination of two plugins by XYZScripts. The plugins used are contact form manager and lightbox pop.

I've created a form in the form manager. The form manager pumps out a short code.

Then in the lightbox pop plugin, you can put the short code from the form into the lightbox popup.

The lightbox popup also has a shortcode that you can put into a generic text widget in wordpress and it will show up on any page that the widget is on.

Dealertrend's plugin activates a widget section that only appears in the vehicle's detail page which is the only place I want the popup to appear on anyway.

The only thing that I need to find out is if the short code in the widget can be blocked with java script for new inventory since we only want it to appear for our used inventory. I'm waiting for a response to see if this is possible.