• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Adobe is giving away Photoshop

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
NOT TRUE

That isn't exactly true as they're actually giving away the entire product suite :crazy:

Adobe - CS2 Downloads

It is Creative Suite CS2 which is a few versions behind, but certainly powerful enough to handle some serious stuff. This was one of my favorite versions of Photoshop and Illustrator.

Grab it while you can as there are rumors they might not keep this up forever.

EDIT: Read next post

Last edited:
Looks like that was some misinterpretation from around the Internet. No, You Can't Download Adobe CS2 Applications For Free - Forbes

Mix a bad explanation of what Adobe was doing with the fact that most people on newer machines and operating systems (the ones reporting the news) that can't install CS2 and you've got a monstrous snowball. I absolutely fell into it and don't have any hardware old enough to try it myself. Sorry everyone. Back to Gimp or Pixelmator if you don't want to pay for Photoshop.

Looks like that was some misinterpretation from around the Internet. No, You Can't Download Adobe CS2 Applications For Free - Forbes

Mix a bad explanation of what Adobe was doing with the fact that most people on newer machines and operating systems (the ones reporting the news) that can't install CS2 and you've got a monstrous snowball. I absolutely fell into it and don't have any hardware old enough to try it myself. Sorry everyone. Back to Gimp or Pixelmator if you don't want to pay for Photoshop.

Pixelmator is a pretty good alternative, if you have a mac. But I just can't get used to Gimp. If all you need is picture retouching you can also get Aperture or Lightroom - both are much cheaper than Photoshop.

I use PaintDotnet and it works really well for the things I need and best of all it's Free!!! The best part about it is there is a really good forum / community for the how to's and they show you step by step. There's tons of plugin's that are free also.

Paint.NET - Download

Don't click on the google ad in the middle of the page, click on the downloads below that ad if your thinking about downloading ;)