• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Advertising on Pandora and the ROI for car dealers

That is a good question. I am in charge of the marketing for 3 dealerships and they are pushing me to get them on local radio.
Back in the days we used to spend more than $5000 on Radio each months. I stopped the non-sense an re-allocated this budget to PPC and SEO.
After a few years, we are slowly getting back to radio ads but I truly hate this marketing shotgun tactic.

Can anyone give me more details on advertising through Pandora or Spotify versus Local radio? Does anybody have numbers that they could show me?

Alex, the answer on Pandora is more complicated than this, so feel free to reference this blog for a more in depth analysis. But, yes, we do have hard numbers on conversions that have resulted from model specific pandora campaigns and they perform very well in markets with lifestyle categories (Mosiac or Prizm profiles) who show a preference for the medium. Here is a screengrab demonstrating the differences in two campaigns, Pandora referral traffic and BMWusa.com traffic. If you'd like to dig into your market to analyze the propensity for Pandora and/or usage of the medium, let me know. Pandora 2.png

Following is day by day traffic (for only pandora traffic landing on a BMW 3 Series landing page) just after launch. The spike represents 57 unique user sessions, so you can use that as a reference point.

Pandora 8 Traffic Trend.png

Reactions: Alex.Lemoing