• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Any DriveItNow Experiences?

Getting ready to test it with our new sites, hopefully up and running this February, will let you know Joe....

Thnx Kev.
Just got the Demo. Spoke with Rusty. Nice fellow. Not pushy (to a fault ;-). Looks like it'll speed the sales process and add transparency to help the shopper with financial planning. I think its a good gateway to a lead. I'll be presenting this to our team over the next few weeks.

Joe, we'll let you get this running and use you as the beta!

You should let Driveitnow know that you are in the forums here and will be tracking your progress.

Matter of fact - you should get the guys over at DriveItNow to offer a case study like some of the other vendors have done in the forums here. Offer 3 dealers their service for 3 months FREE or at a HUGE discount and in return we will host the case study as the dealers provide feedback during the 3 months of service. Huge win for the vendor!

I'd plug it into my Nissan dealers site to give it a try.

Joe, we'll let you get this running and use you as the beta!

You should let Driveitnow know that you are in the forums here and will be tracking your progress.

Matter of fact - you should get the guys over at DriveItNow to offer a case study like some of the other vendors have done in the forums here. Offer 3 dealers their service for 3 months FREE or at a HUGE discount and in return we will host the case study as the dealers provide feedback during the 3 months of service. Huge win for the vendor!

I'd plug it into my Nissan dealers site to give it a try.

On it.

..hey! Where's that leave Kevin???

I would be very interested in any results that come out of this potential beta test - especially if any of the dealerships are high line centric like ours. The general consensus among our F&I folks is that any posting of rates online, while definitely more transparent, would ultimately lead to consumers to form the opinion that the posted rate was our best possible rate and force them to shop rates in advance of our guys having a chance to work with them and prove the value of using our financing options. Most of them (the F&I guys) are of the opinion that a service like this would effectively cut them out of the loop and potentially reduce our opportunities.

What do you guys think? Is this a product more suited to domestic and import rather than to Luxury/High Line dealers?

Edward Shaffer
Park Place Dealerships

I would be very interested in any results that come out of this potential beta test - especially if any of the dealerships are high line centric like ours. The general consensus among our F&I folks is that any posting of rates online, while definitely more transparent, would ultimately lead to consumers to form the opinion that the posted rate was our best possible rate and force them to shop rates in advance of our guys having a chance to work with them and prove the value of using our financing options. Most of them (the F&I guys) are of the opinion that a service like this would effectively cut them out of the loop and potentially reduce our opportunities.

What do you guys think? Is this a product more suited to domestic and import rather than to Luxury/High Line dealers?

Edward Shaffer
Park Place Dealerships

Edward,

I see no correlation between displayed rates and implied. F&I types prefer the shopper have no tools whatsoever so they maybe biased. IMO, the higher the demo, the more likely they're going to use the tool. Got no proof on that one, just a gut guess.

It's too easy to create your own in-house script similar to this - for a lot less money.

I take back what I said earlier. Rusty gave me a call personally to ask me to rethink his product and take a look into. We were on the phone about 30 and he's a great guy.

This is the next generation of online shopping for consumers. Initially, a lot of dealerships will throw up red flags. This is a consumer tool, specifically for the consumer. Am very interested to see which copy-cats come out with a tool like this, because driveitnow has perfected it to the tee.

We have had Drive it now on our site for over 5 months now and I love it. It is way more than a payment calculator. We were the test dealer for the program and the prequalification’s without a credit pull has been the determining factor. Customers like the fact that you can give them valid answers without pulling credit. It is way more than a payment calculator.

If something could tell you that you have an interested customer on your site, how much they want to put down, a credit rating range, and what term they are looking to go with, do you think your internet team could utilize this information to set more appointments and more importantly close more car deals. We did. Any time you can get more conversions on your own site is a great plus. It has increased click through on the site and converts like a champ! Cultivating people already on your site to give you more information to help you close car deals, it is highly worth it.

We are a family owned dealership in an extremely completive Nissan area. Drive it now will attest that it is not easy getting us to pick up another providers. Rusty and his team showed us the value and I have been pleased ever since.
I just put it on our new preowned site to increase lead volume as well.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Keith Wilde
Grubbs Nissan Bedford, TX

www.grubbsnissan.com
[email protected]