• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Any DriveItNow Experiences?

Hello everyone, just wanted to inform you of our DriveItNow’s Next Generation of Pre-Qualified Payment Marketing to Launch at Upcoming Digital Dealer Conference

The latest release will include many enhancements to help dealers close more sales with their existing website visitors

Cincinnati, OHMarch 17, 2011. DriveItNow, a service of Automobile Consumer Services, Inc. (ACS), will release the next generation of its Pre-qualified Payment Marketing service at the upcoming 10th Digital Dealer conference in Orlando, Florida.

DriveItNow is the first and only system that provides consumers with instant car loan payments based on their actual credit eligibility and a dealer’s finance guidelines. Consumers need to know what payments they qualify for in order to make a purchase decision.

DriveItNow 2.0 will include enhancements to help build on the dramatic success dealers have seen with the current version.

To see the next generation of online payment marketing, visit DriveItNow at Booth 122 during the 10th Digital Dealer conference in Orlando, FL, April 19-21. More details about the conference are available at: http://www.digitaldealerconference.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the bump on this thread but since its on "Deals for Dealers" I had a question,

At our independent used car dealership what we are most proud of is our back-end f&i average. I proposed this to my f&i's and they are all against it claiming that it will lower the back-end average. Then again, our delivery ratio is around 65% on the signed cars. I believe that has a lot to do because of my high f&i average.

How do you present this to your f&i's so they an embrace the tool and roll on the same path as the rest of the dealership ?

-Rick

SlickRick,

Marketing guy here. Push back is normal. Sales staff WANT more ups but only if you serve them up laydowns.

What they don't understand is that for EVERY 100 SALES your store makes, 900 shoppers left your site and DID NOT BUY FROM YOU.

1. Your visitors are not at you site to find the weather
  2. Your visitors are not at you site to check sports scores
  3. Your visitors are not at you site to check movie times
  4. THEY ARE IN MARKET CAR BUYERS

Next, produce you a list of dealers in your area. Its easy, Google:
used car dealers near malden, ma = OVER 7000!!

Repeat after me...

• We're not the only Used Car Dealer on the planet
  • This is a shopping tool

Reactions: 1 person
SlickRick,

Marketing guy here. Push back is normal. Sales staff WANT more ups but only if you serve them up laydowns.

What they don't understand is that for EVERY 100 SALES your store makes, 900 shoppers left your site and DID NOT BUY FROM YOU.

1. Your visitors are not at you site to find the weather
  2. Your visitors are not at you site to check sports scores
  3. Your visitors are not at you site to check movie times
  4. THEY ARE IN MARKET CAR BUYERS

Next, produce you a list of dealers in your area. Its easy, Google:
used car dealers near malden, ma = OVER 7000!!

Repeat after me...

Joe is right. And the F&I department is usually the first one to push back. It's one department that continues to get cut due to new laws and restrictions.

You have to get their buy in. Plus I believe there are settings in the admin that will allow you do cushion the % rate. Worries should be minimal.

Rick, That is an excellent comment that I have heard before, and I am glad you brought this up. I think Joe sums it up very well in his comments, and I wanted to clarify that DriveItNow does quote finance offerings including rate mark up for profit. You are in total control of what is marketed. From your comments on delivery ratio, that leaves 35% of additional business that would benefit from a competitive payment and reason to complete the sale. You are welcomed to call me any time if you would like to discuss further. 512-470-9875

Rusty Platt
Director, DriveItNow

We installed Drive it Now across all of our websites in late March, and it has been a tremendously successful tool for us, increasing our conversion rate. When you have someone visit your dealership website, you are halfway there, and your highest priority should be to convert that shopper into a phone call, email, or showroom visit. By providing useful online tools like Drive it Now that address common questions your shoppers have (in this case - can I get financed and what is an estimate of my monthly payment?), you are building value with your shopper and gaining more opportunities for your team to make a sale.

Reactions: 1 person
Some relevant news around DriveItNow. Since AutoBytel's acquisition of AutoUSA, they've reworked some of the programs and reselling of different services. DriveItNow being one of those...

Official Press Release:

Autobytel Partners with DriveItNow to Launch Car Payment Conversion Tool for Dealer Websites

IAutobytel Inc. pioneer of the automotive Internet and the company dedicated to connecting automotive consumers with dealers, today announced it now offers an effective and easy-to-use car payment conversion tool for dealer websites.

Autobytel's Payment Pro® – powered by DriveItNow® – provides online car shoppers with instant and customized monthly car payment options based on individual credit and inventory eligibility, while delivering pre-qualified leads direct to dealers.

How Payment Pro® works:

1) When consumers visit a dealer's desktop or mobile website and click on the Payment Pro® button, they're provided with real time car payment information for any of the vehicles in the dealer's inventory.

2) Once shoppers complete the general information form – no social security information or birth date is required – the Payment Pro® system determines credit eligibility and then instantly displays customized monthly car payment options based on the customer's specific criteria.

3) Payment Pro® then delivers the customer's credit eligibility and desired payment information in the form of a first-party lead direct to the dealer.

"When consumers are given upfront information to determine what they can afford on a monthly basis, dealers can be more flexible with pricing and negotiation," said Phil DuPree, EVP / President of Dealer Services for Autobytel. "Customers are immediately engaged, haggling decreases, and time wasted on showing consumers cars they can't afford is avoided. Payment Pro® makes car buying easier for consumers while delivering pre-qualified leads straight from a dealer's website to his showroom."

DuPree says Payment Pro® offers dealers a variety of additional benefits, including higher quality customer prospects and conversion rates, and the ability for dealers to set their own prices and financing terms instead of engaging in competitive pricing wars which drive down profit margins.

"The great part about Payment Pro® is that it complements the Autobytel mobile website products we offer dealers, and can be easily integrated into a dealer's mobile strategy," said DuPree.

The technology behind Payment Pro® is powered by the automotive experts at DriveItNow®. "The team at Autobytel invented online car buying and selling so they understand, more than anyone, the necessary ingredients for successful online automotive sales," said Tarry Shebesta, President of DriveItNow®. "Giving dealers the ability to quote customized car payment options upfront saves time, enhances engagement, and increases conversions. The end result is Autobytel's ability to deliver real-time, pre-qualified leads to dealers straight from their very own websites."

Payment Pro® is available immediately for auto dealer desktop and mobile sites. To learn more, visit PaymentPro - Pre-Qualified Payment Marketing, or contact your Autobytel sales representative at (866) 589-5498.