• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone using Dominion CMX?

ejyoder

Rust & Dust
Apr 15, 2009
Awards
First Name
Eric
Our dealership is still using the old Autobase (now Dominion Sales Center) system for CRM and WebControl for ILM. Clearly I'd like to get us on one system (and off having an Autobase server!). Has anyone used/seen the new Microsoft-based Dominion CMX CRM? Part of my interest is in that we already use Microsoft Office 365 for e-mail, documents, etc. and CMX supposedly integrates with that and even desktop Outlook software. It's based on Dynamics CRM from Microsoft.

I have used Dynamics in the past and I would not recommend anything based on it...

Unfortunately, I'm with Matthew on this one for the Automotive industry. Having used almost every CRM known to man (automotive and generic), I can say that the Dynamics one is cumbersome and a bit bloated and it's not likely a good starting point for a DMS or a dealership CRM.

I think that just like any CRM - it's only as good as you make it.

I think that until someone here has first hand experience with their CMX we're all just speculating...and not giving any solid advice.

Yes and no.
They built it on the Dynamics platform (typically Dynamics XRM) and that means that it's just a skin and added features with Dynamics CRM as the basis for their CRM program. My experience with others that have done this is that they're always Dynamics CRM with a twist, not a re-development of the platform itself or a radical change. It has to be compatible with Dynamics updates and even on their website and in their promotional videos they make a point of saying it's Dynamics and list the benefits of that.

It could still be great by all means, but I do believe the Dynamics opinions will also affect this product.

We're doing a demo on Monday, so it should be interesting. As I mentioned before, I'm intrigued to see how the integration works with our existing Office 365 products. Anyone have suggested questions I should ask?

Ask the "obvious" ones:
- integration with inbound ADF leads
- ability to export data easily - how can you pull your customers
- does it interfere with other products (ie: AutoAlert) ability to access CRM data
- Can it be secured by location so employees can't login from home and access customer data
- Are there proper user permissions to stop employees from exporting lists of customers