• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone using Gravitational Marketing as a marketing company??

Murray

Green Pea
Dec 9, 2016
First Name
Murray
A little introduction: I have an independent, 50ish car inventory in Lakewood Colorado and we're just finishing our first year of retail sales. Still trying to figure out the marketing soup, we use all the standards and have tried some of the others. Currently with Cargurus, car.com, post a little craigslist. We have also tried Facebook (which was the biggest waste of $$$ so far) Autobytel, at best was poor quality leads, Edmonds, which wasn't much better. Buy a few Google adwords and some SEO on the site, www.maxxummotors.com if anyone is interested.

So my finance manager runs across Gravitational Marketing, they say they can bring the customers, and help us get into the untapped market like many or their dealers. In speaking with some of their referral dealers, the story is the same, I do mean the same, like the exact same word tracks, the exact same story line. It's almost like watching the movie "Groundhog Day" same.

I did a search in this website and found very little about the company, so if anyone has any input I sure would appreciate it.

I've been a lurker on here for a while and the depth of knowledge is amazing. I hate to ask for something with a first post, but it's tough to contribute as the FNG with group like you guys.

Thanks in advance.
Murray
Maxxum Motors
Lakewood, Colorado

Hey Murray it's always a good practice to bring things like this up. So thank you.

I've never heard of these guys either but they sound just like every other money hungry marketing company out there.

You're already doing some adwords which is great. I know you said you didn't like Facebook but if you do ever try again Consider advertising things that convert like credit and trade ins. Things where you can direct someone to somewhere where they can fill out a form not just inventory. Get really target in your area around income in your audience building.

Before you spend more money on marketing, figure out the answer to this question:

Why should I buy a car from you?

Hint: it isn't your price and it isn't that you have "the best people". Figure out your true unique selling proposition.

Once you have that answer, convey that message on your website, in your store, and through all the marketing you do thereafter.

@Murray these are great questions. Thank you for sharing your challenges.

Gravitational Marketing runs a unique program. It isn't for everyone and I can't make that decision for you.

What I can do is help bring your questions, thoughts, and concerns to the forefront to help find answers.

Maybe to can join us on an upcoming Refresh Friday broadcast?? http://bit.ly/dfreshfridays

You're Facebook woes need to be scrutinized. The masses are on Facebook and there are ways your tap into that. I wouldn't let setbacks and disappointment deter you. There is opportunity there.

Murray - You are right! Dealer Refresh is a great, supportive community. As far as your question: I did my usual vendor research on the company you mentioned and it looks like an energized group of people. I would suggest, though, that you really think, as a Refresher suggested, about your business, starting with a marketing plan. As a focus, I would fixate on the website. So I'm going to mind stream some thoughts here and apologize for the following disorganized brainstorming: Maxxum is such a great name - can you do more with it? Like you could do MAXXUM savings!!! or this is a a special MAXXUM deal. Why would a consumer be interested in the NIADA logo; why is it so prominent on your header? Consumers love photos and videos - can you have more? What is your site traffic like? What do people do on the site? I did a Google search for a Honda Accord in your city and you didn't appear either in paid or organic. Who is helping you with SEO and SEM? You have a credit app on the site. How many people complete it? How much of your business is selling financing? I see that No Dealer Fee is an important message but it's hard to read on your photos. I'm not convinced that the consumer market really understands what a No Dealer Fee means. Maybe you should just focus on how you save your customers money? And what about your reputation. There are so many really cool vendors out there that can rock your site and since you are not under an OEM's constraints to be compliant, you could do a lot of fun things. Call me anytime at 954-729-3184. I am pro-dealer, have been doing automotive marketing for nearly 4 decades and ready to help you (I never charge a dealer for anything, so, hah!, never a dealer fee!!).