• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

anything better then RPG

aksales

Full Sticker
Apr 9, 2010
First Name
Jason
Howdy all, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a better solution to writing reports on the ADP DRIVE system other then using RPG. Coming off our old system (EDS - ARG) which was a dinosaur but it had great report creating software. RPG is a crippled little program which is driving me batty... any suggestions?

Does your CRM software extract the DMS data and maybe provide better reporting tools within it?

Hold onto your seat, this looks like a sales pitch getting ready to happen.

Howdy all, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a better solution to writing reports on the ADP DRIVE system other then using RPG.

Unfortunately, RPG is the easiest way to go. You can get more sophisticated with English statements though.

Thanks for the reply guys. Yea we can do reporting in CRM but that is limited to information within CRM, I am talking more system wide for example service / parts reports and such. Hopefully I will get a chance to learn some english here in a little bit, its just very frustrating coming from a system you new inside and out to a new one that you have to learn all over again and to top if ott so far it seems like the tools (report wise) at least are just not up to snuff.

The parts forum at DealersEdge is a great source for parts English Statements that you can run under RPX for Excel or CSV files. You have a lot more flexibility with these compared to RPG.

Also look at this site: Power Programs - Power Programming for Auto Dealerships

Rex writes parts programs for ADP systems. One of the big advantages to ADP is that they allow third party programming when some of their competitors are trying to stop any outside access.

Frank